Which shots do you think should I display at a gallery?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by LowriderS10, Oct 10, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hi everyone!

I need your help! I'm entering an exhibition entitled "Korea Through the Eyes of Foreigners." I will have space for 3 or 4 pieces. One of those is going to be the startrails over the golden temple...but I'd like to get your input as to what other photos (of Korea...most of them are captioned/labelled as such) you think would be worthy...all of them can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/tamasv

Thank you!! :)

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    You have too many very good ones. The girl with the cell phone?

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    I like the serenity of the silhouette of the man on the bench.

4. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate your compliment!! :) Sadly, the girl with the cellphone was in Hong Kong. :(

Thanks very much, that was one of my first real shots with the Olympus 45mm! :) Unfortunately, it's in Switzerland haha.

But please keep the suggestions coming, even if they're the wrong country, I appreciate knowing what people like and don't like...the reason I'm asking for input is because I'm horrible with this haha...the stuff I think will be popular are duds, and the photos I think are barely worth uploading people end up really liking haha.

5. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Some very nice work but my favorites: Pano1small, 0427, 0240, 150229, 7827, 5213.

6. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    I like 7204. It is of a man standing in the sun surrounded by shade - presumably catching some rays to stay warm. Now I live in Asia and what I usually see the opposite - people standing in the shade to avoid the sun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    I like these EDITIMG_6466, EDITIMG_0883, EDITIMG_6289, EDITIMG_1444, EDITIMG_0073 and EDITIMG_0083. :smile:

8. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Really great shots... it may be a bit easier to get feedback if you posted images to this thread of the 10 or so you were torn between, as there are really a ton of great photographs here and the other 2-3 would really depend on the direction you were planning to go. Of the first group in your photostream, I would suggest the following... but then again given the theme "Korea Through the Eyes of Foreigners", some of those great street shots may be better...

EDITVOM1181
    EDITIMG_9856
    EDITVOM0563
    EDITV150224

• Like Like x 1
  9. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    This is why I love this message board...so much awesome, positive feedback!!!

Thank you very much!! :)

Thanks! That was when I was first starting to get into street photography! It was a chilly day (near freezing) in Busan! :)

Thanks very much!! :)

Thank you...and yeah, you're right it would be easier if I narrowed it down, the problem is (and what I was trying to avoid) is that the stuff I think is good, others are meh about, and the stuff I think is barely worth posting, others think is great, so I was trying to take out as much of my influence as possible. What I'm going to do is when I do narrow it down to 5-6 that I like, post it again (either here, or on my Facebook page) and get people to vote on the 3 they like most, and go with that. That way it's really a collaboration between what I like and what people like...it's an exhibit, and I know I'm supposed to express myself, but I also want to show people what they will be pleased to see! :)

10. ri toast

ri toast New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2013
    0536 1211 i didn't see anyone else refer to those two. that is a nice portfolio. maybe the gallery owner should have a say?
    edit: korea only, sorry. still nice photos though...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.