Which shots do you think should I display at a gallery?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by LowriderS10, Oct 10, 2013.

1. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Hi everyone!

I need your help! I'm entering an exhibition entitled "Korea Through the Eyes of Foreigners." I will have space for 3 or 4 pieces. One of those is going to be the startrails over the golden temple...but I'd like to get your input as to what other photos (of Korea...most of them are captioned/labelled as such) you think would be worthy...all of them can be found here:

http://www.flickr.com/tamasv

Thank you!! :)

2. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    You have too many very good ones. The girl with the cell phone?

3. xdayv

xdayv Color Blind

Aug 26, 2011
    Tacloban City, Philippines
    Dave
    I like the serenity of the silhouette of the man on the bench.

4. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    Thank you so much, I really appreciate your compliment!! :) Sadly, the girl with the cellphone was in Hong Kong. :(

Thanks very much, that was one of my first real shots with the Olympus 45mm! :) Unfortunately, it's in Switzerland haha.

But please keep the suggestions coming, even if they're the wrong country, I appreciate knowing what people like and don't like...the reason I'm asking for input is because I'm horrible with this haha...the stuff I think will be popular are duds, and the photos I think are barely worth uploading people end up really liking haha.

5. caimi

caimi Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 13, 2012
    middle US
    Caimi caimiphotography.com
    Some very nice work but my favorites: Pano1small, 0427, 0240, 150229, 7827, 5213.

6. robbie36

robbie36 Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2010
    Bangkok
    rob collins
    I like 7204. It is of a man standing in the sun surrounded by shade - presumably catching some rays to stay warm. Now I live in Asia and what I usually see the opposite - people standing in the shade to avoid the sun.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mix

Mix Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2013
    I like these EDITIMG_6466, EDITIMG_0883, EDITIMG_6289, EDITIMG_1444, EDITIMG_0073 and EDITIMG_0083. :smile:

8. aukirk

aukirk Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2012
    Really great shots... it may be a bit easier to get feedback if you posted images to this thread of the 10 or so you were torn between, as there are really a ton of great photographs here and the other 2-3 would really depend on the direction you were planning to go. Of the first group in your photostream, I would suggest the following... but then again given the theme "Korea Through the Eyes of Foreigners", some of those great street shots may be better...

EDITVOM1181
    EDITIMG_9856
    EDITVOM0563
    EDITV150224

• Like Like x 1
  9. LowriderS10

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    This is why I love this message board...so much awesome, positive feedback!!!

Thank you very much!! :)

Thanks! That was when I was first starting to get into street photography! It was a chilly day (near freezing) in Busan! :)

Thanks very much!! :)

Thank you...and yeah, you're right it would be easier if I narrowed it down, the problem is (and what I was trying to avoid) is that the stuff I think is good, others are meh about, and the stuff I think is barely worth posting, others think is great, so I was trying to take out as much of my influence as possible. What I'm going to do is when I do narrow it down to 5-6 that I like, post it again (either here, or on my Facebook page) and get people to vote on the 3 they like most, and go with that. That way it's really a collaboration between what I like and what people like...it's an exhibit, and I know I'm supposed to express myself, but I also want to show people what they will be pleased to see! :)

10. ri toast

ri toast New to Mu-43

Sep 2, 2013
    0536 1211 i didn't see anyone else refer to those two. that is a nice portfolio. maybe the gallery owner should have a say?
    edit: korea only, sorry. still nice photos though...