Which pic has the nicest color?

PMCC

Mu-43 Regular
I heard the Panasonic does not have the nicest OOC color but I can make different color profiles for my SilkyPix.

The first pic is the OOC jpeg from the G3 with Zeiss 135mm 3.5 lens, with +2 contrast, standard color and saturation, just resized;
The second is SilkyPix default;
The third is prepared by downloading the sample form imaging-resource and tuned to match the 'ideal' Macbeth chart in hue; Ditto for the last but with the Fuji XE-1 OOC jpeg as the target.

I am color blind so I can only ask somebody for help. Which picture has the nicest color? Thanks.

PMCC

Mu-43 Regular
Unless the Silkypix color mapping tool doesn't work... Should I expect a huge difference?

OzRay

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Ray, not Oz
I haven't used Silkypix for years, so I can't say what it does, but just changing contrast mildly often makes no visual difference. I believe that Panasonic works closely with Silkypix, so I wouldn't be surprised if the OOC JPGs and what Silkypix produces are fairly close.

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
To me, #3 looks the best. On my screen, the differences are subtle, but very much discernable, and the PC i'm viewing it from is an HP Omni All-in-one with VERY limited screen calibration capabilities. From the responses we've seen on this topic, I would say this is an excellent example of why the internet is a lousy way to display photos! The photographer has no way of knowing what the viewer is being shown!

Bokeaji

Gonzo's Dad O.*
i like #2
the last 2 are too magenta feeling
id actually prefer something between 1 and 2. a LIL more pop than 1, but still a bit softer than 2.. i think that would feel best for that flower

Itchybiscuit

Photon Mangler
Real Name
Ivor
IMO, and it IS subjective, #2 gets my vote.

It's a bit more 'poppy' than the first. I just like the more saturated pink of the leaves and the lightening of the stalk.

RobWatson

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
# 3 ... no particularly good reason why. On my low gamut monitor no difference but on the "good" monitor some clear differences. I bet prints would be very hard to differentiate.

It is not so much about color as the range of tone (if that makes any sense).

Ulfric M Douglas

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Is this a trick question? Seriously.
I am color blind so I can only ask somebody for help. Which picture has the nicest color?
Surely the subject makes any choice impossible, even if the pictures had wildy different colours, which they don't.

Post a photo of a baby or a cloudy blue sky. Easier to choose then!

ean10775

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Eric
1&4 look very similar to me, as do 2&3. I prefer 2&3 for this particular photograph as they seem to be a little more saturated (at least on my monitor)

PMCC

Mu-43 Regular
Thanks Everyone :thumbup:. Looks like SilkyPix did a pretty good job by default... I shall get an oly sample and see what I get.

Some landscapes samples

OOC

SilkyPix Default

Calibrated

OOC

SilkyPix default

Calibrated

hazwing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
The differences in the flower shots are very subtle, particularly the difference in colour. I find there is more of a difference in the details in flower, itself. Hard to say which one I prefer more, probably 2,3 or 4... they are fairly similar.

I can see more colour differences in the landscape shots. I have a tendency to preferring the calibrated version in the landscape series.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom