Which micro 4/3 shooter do you look up to.

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by lifeinphotos, Aug 7, 2017.

1. lifeinphotos

lifeinphotos Mu-43 Regular

Nov 12, 2015
    Dave
    Just curious who other people follow and who inspires them. For myself I would say Gavin Hoey. It was his videos that lead me to invest in the system all together. Plus all of you great people

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Angus Gibbins

Angus Gibbins Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Dec 6, 2015
    Brisbane, Australia
    Angus
    Jamie MacDonald and Scott Bourne are probably my favourite M4/3 shooters.

3. CWRailman

CWRailman Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Denny
    I strongly agree with Gavin Hoey who produces some informative and entertaining Youtube based videos for Adorama. We also have Michael Sewell on this forum who contributes a lot of great, informative lighting tutorials here and on his WEB site.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. gryphon1911

gryphon1911 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 13, 2014
    Central Ohio, USA
    Andrew
    I don't care what people shoot with.... Results are what matter to me. If I find people that I like, I follow their work. I don't let what great they use persuade me.

• Agree Agree x 7
  5. JamesD172

JamesD172 Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 18, 2016
    James Dolezal
    I really like Robin Wong and regularly follow his blog. While his photos aren't necessarily the most breathtaking I've seen, I find his approach to photography, writing style, and general philosophy to be both refreshing and inspiring.

For photographic inspiration in the m43 world, I follow some of the excellent portrait shooters here, notably @ionian@ionian and @spatulaboy@spatulaboy. You both take really top-notch portraits, and it's been exciting seeing your portfolios develop. Thank you for the insight, experience, and brilliant work you've shared with our community.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. retiredfromlife

retiredfromlife Mu-43 All-Pro

May 15, 2016
    Sydney, Australia
    I really like Robins approach as well

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. hgutierrez35

hgutierrez35 New to Mu-43

Jan 20, 2016
    I love the Mirrorless Minute guys, Jaime MacDonald and Mike Boening, and their information on the m4/3 system. Scott Bourne and his wildlife work is phenomenal.

8. I look up to almost all of them... I'm only 5'7" ... hmmm might be one of the reasons I like m4/3?

I do admit though that you don't have to stray far from right here at mu-43 to admire some mighty fine work!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Plumballs

Plumballs Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Jul 11, 2014
    Whitchurch, Hampshire
    Phil
    I kind of agree with the comments so far, but would like to stretch it further. As well as the ambassadors there are loads of inspirational members on this forum at present (I will not name, but you know who you are ;)), and if you look at the older threads there are much more that have now gone quiet, but left us with great work they achieved with this fantastic format along the way. There are differences (Physics) with a smaller sensor that have to be taken into consideration, but if embraced using these differences to your advantage, this system really can produce world class images.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3