Which m43 camera has the best skin tones SOOC?

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by gdourado, Jun 14, 2012.

1. gdourado

gdourado Mu-43 Regular

Feb 23, 2012
    Lisbon - Portugal

I was reading about skin tones today, and how different brands and different cameras render skin tones differently...
    I read somewhere that Fuji cameras have the best combination of sensor and processing technology to offer the best skin tones SOOC.
    I read that these cameras are ideal for event shooters such as weddings and other social events, because they often require the least amount of post processing to deliver those huge batch of photos...

I don't know if this is true, but I was wondering how do you fare m43 cameras in this regard.
    I know Olympus cameras are famous for their JPEG processing engine and the great colors SOOC, but does this apply to skin tones?

If you shoot portraits or events with m43 cameras, what is your favorite?

And finally, if you shoot RAW, does this matter at all?

2. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    You need a definition of best. For some people neutral color and saturation. Lots of folks like more saturation. I get very neutral tones from the OM-D. The E-PL2 is almost as good, but I adjusted the AWB settings in the camera. (Olympus cameras have a number of settings in the camera for adjusting AWB.)

There are aspects of the look of skin tones that are inherent to the sensor/camera that are present in RAW files. Dynamic range is an example of an inherent sensor characteristic that effects RAW.