Which LOWEPRO bag for my u4/3's

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Dangermouse1968, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Dangermouse1968

Dangermouse1968 Mu-43 Regular

May 26, 2011

I've had Lowepro bags before with my SLR and medium format kit. I really like them. Now I'd like one for my u4/3 kit. I have the GF1, 20 mm pancake and the Oly 45 mm. I expect to add the Panasonic 14 mm soon. Which bag is small but would fit all this in?

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Check Lowepro's Bagfinder (where you input camera and lenses) to get specific recommendations. Lots of small bags available to hold that kit. You just need to figure out which one you prefer.

Link to 17 shoulder bags that show up as working with the GF1, 3 lenses, an extra memory card, battery and cables set as your kit.

I agree with you on Lowepro bags. They are not the best looking options out there, but they are tough to beat in terms of funcitonality. Great padding, and plenty of storage options.
  3. Dangermouse1968

May 26, 2011
    Thanks, I thought that was going to be he perfect reply but your link does n't give the search results. When I try to run the search myself it does seem to give me the options of extra lenses so I'm no further forward :-(
  4. jamespetts

jamespetts Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 21, 2011
    London, England
    I have the ILC Classic 100, which is small and very good. It will leave you with some spare space with that equipment, so might not be quite what you are after if you want something really tiny, but if you ever might want more lenses, it will give you room to expand.
  5. Dangermouse1968

May 26, 2011
    thanks again, now I've found the gf1 in dslr, all is clear!
  6. songs2001

songs2001 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Lowe Pro makes it easy. You just need to look at the number associated with the case. You would want to decide what kind of case you want, shoulder, messenger etc...and then look at the number, higher number = larger case. You can probably squeeze everything into a Edit 100. Camera+45 mounted and pancake lenses in the side pockets.

The Lowepro Bag Finder isn't that great if you want to minimize bag size. you'll have to try your local store and see how it fits together and your willingness to compromise.
  7. Jakob F.

Jakob F. Mu-43 Regular

May 18, 2011
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I just bought the Adventura 140 for my E-P2 w. Samyang 7.5, Oly 17, PL25 and Oly45. Perfect fit for my kit. Plus, I got the bag for half the normal price in my local shop ;v) I tried the 120, but found it too small!
    If I need more space, for tripod and flash etc., I've got a LowePro backpack..
  8. zettapixel

zettapixel Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 12, 2010
    Personally, I'm a fan of Nova line, the design is exceptional imho. I'm still using Nova 2AW, but if I were to upgrade, Nova 160 would probably be the one.

I also see Event Messenger line that I haven't seen before, Event Messenger 100 could be nice for :43:. What I don't like about it is there is no zipper around the main compartment (like in Nova) and it uses Velcro strips :mad:
  9. ill_dawg

ill_dawg Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    I just got the sling, it's a great walkaround bag. It doesn't look like a camera bag, which is nice, and it holds my e-pl1, 45, 20, 7.5, monopod, gorillapod, and various extras with room to spare. It's definitely worth a look.
  10. b_rubenstein

b_rubenstein Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 20, 2012
    Melbourne, FL
    I have the same bag and it's perfect for a 3-4 lens m4/3 kit. M4/3 gear is just so light that I don't find much need for heavy duty bags.
  11. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I've also got the Passport Sling. It is surprisingly cavernous, even before you expand the bag's unpadded section. Within the padded camera area, i can easily fit:
    • 7-14
    • FL-50
    • LVF1
    • GF1 with 14-140 attached

The rest of the bag can still fit a ton of other accessories too, and I've crammed everything from food, tablet computer, clothes, GorillaPod SLR in there. The other nice thing is that the padded camera insert can be pulled out (held in by some strong velcro on either side) and placed into another bag, or totally folded flat for packing.

Probably my only complaints are that it isn't very water resistant, and it isn't very secure (the three outside pockets are all totally open, and the top zipper can't really be locked if I wanted to really keep people out).
  12. Paul Amyes

Paul Amyes Mu-43 Regular

Dec 27, 2011
    Hobart, Tasmania
    For my EP2, 17mm, 14-42 and 75mm Color Skopar I'm using the Street & Field Utility Bag 100 AW. You can use it as a belt pack, a shoulder bag, or just throw it in the bottom of a day pack.
  13. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Lowepro | StreamLine 100

• Like Like x 2
  14. krayjeegsr

krayjeegsr Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 7, 2011
    +1 for adventura 140. Got a g3, 20, 45, 14-45, and nissin flash in it
  15. thon410

thon410 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 11, 2011
    +1 for Passport Sling. Mine holds my GF1, 20mm, 14mm, 45-200mm, FL-36R, batteries, AS cards, wallet and a few other small items.
  16. jff1625

jff1625 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 14, 2012
    I got the Edit 110, which fits my E-PM1 with flash and kit zoom attached. It looks like it'll have room for another kit-zoom-sized lens, maybe the Oly45, and one pancake, in the main section. I currently have the bags shoulder-strap and the usb cord for the camera in the outer pockets, but could easily ditch those to make more room for 2 or 3 more pancake lenses.
    The whole thing fits neatly inside my much-better-looking messenger bag with plenty of room for other things, like lunch!
  17. MikeB

MikeB Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I'm using a Rezo TLZ 10 for my E-P3 with the long 14-150mm lens. This is about as small as you can possibly get and still fit the camera, there's no room for anything else (ok, maybe a filter, memory card, and lens cloth). But this pouch fits nicely on my pack belt when hiking, and makes the camera easy to grab.

I'm about to get the E-M5 with the 12-50, and I think the same bag will work, though it'll be a tight fit.
  18. Dangermouse1968

May 26, 2011
    Thanks guys, after some consideration and research based on your suggestions went for the adventura 140 :)
  19. WJW59

WJW59 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 20, 2011
    +1 on the Streamline. I received one for Christmas and I use it frequently.

E-PL2 w/ 45mm on one side, other side varies.
  20. spangler

spangler Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 12, 2011
    Buckinghamshire UK
    Andrew Heelis
    Recently bought a Lowepro Slingshot 102 for my GF1 outfit and absolutely love it, there's event room for my LX3! Think I'll have to by a Bigger Slingshot for my Nikon gear now.