which lens?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Tecpatl4, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    Saturday we are leaving for the Blue Ridge Mountains. We plan to spend a week traveling by motorcycle so there isn't a lot of room for pakcing. I am taking the E-P1 but not sure which lens to take. I have the 14-42 kit lens and the Panny 20mm. I am also taking my Sony p&s with the 10x zoom. I dropped it so it makes funny noises but still takes nice photos.

It's going to be raining some and I'm not sure I want to be messing about with changing lenses, so I only want to take one. The Sony will be hanging around my neck for quick photos.

Any thoughts?

2. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    I think you'll be good with your pancake. If I could only take one lens that would be it.

3. shoturtle

shoturtle  

Oct 15, 2010
    tough choice, the 20 1.7 might be two tight for some of the vista shots. But you will have much better low light. If you are not planning to take much low light shot, the wider would be my choice if I had to choose.

4. Tecpatl4

Tecpatl4 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 16, 2010
    Midwest
    I'm going to take the 20mm. There is a chance of rain most days, so I'm going to keep the Pen in a dry bag while riding, and just use the Sony. It does pretty good for landscapes, and with unemployment looming I don't want to take a chance of getting caught in a downpour. I'll get the Pen out for walking around and stuff.