1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Which lens hood design for Panasonic 14mm ....

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Jay86, Apr 12, 2014.

1. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
    Ok so the Panasonic 14mm isn't too wide of a lens but Im wondering which lens hood from the two below would be the best design for the 14mm FL. I should think the wider one but not sure since 14mm isn't that wide either...

$T2eC16FHJH8E9qSEUdCSBRpcWycRsg~~60_12.JPG
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

$(KGrHqEOKooFGWwrGOGnBRpcZO4vVg~~60_12.JPG

Links to both FYI:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/46mm-Screw-...=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item3a724cb964

http://www.ebay.com/itm/46mm-Wide-A...=Camera_Camcorder_Remotes&hash=item3ccd108cd2

Thanks all :) 

2. janneman

janneman Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 6, 2012
    Netherlands
    Jan (John) Kusters
    The first one might be too narrow for a wide angle, hard to tell from picture. With its small lens size, I would prefer the folding rubber type GFFPhotos has.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    IMO, the lens is not that expensive to justify adding bulk to it for protection. Besides, it's incredibly flare resistant so I doubt the hood will do much good.

4. Jay86

Jay86 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 26, 2012
  5. matt_not_andrew

matt_not_andrew Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 22, 2013
    I'd use a UV filter with the glass removed to keep it small. Like a stand off ring.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

6. darosk

darosk Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 17, 2013
    Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
    Daros
    I bought some of those vented lens hoods off ebay.

v8auGFg.jpg

I'll be completely frank, I only did so because I saw a photo someone posted here on the forums and I thought it looked cool. I've gotten more than a few comments specifically about the lens hood while walking around town shooting (solidifying my street cred) so I guess the $2.50 I spent has paid itself off :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.