Which is your favorite adapted lens?

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
my favorite adapted lenses beside the 15mm 4.5 28mm 1.9 and 50mm 1.5 voightlanders screw mounts are

1st the contax g 90mm 2.8 with rj adapter with special focus wheel
2nd an 18mm 2.8 pentax auto 110 with home made body cap adapter
3rd a hanamex 110 underwater camera lens 20 mm f4 [ 4 element!] fixed focus in custom adapter its as tiny an an eraser on the tip of a #2 pencil and its front element sits about flush with the surface of a body cap drilled to accept it , i think it may be the flattest lens ever on a micro 4\3 camera

i also enjoy many other lenses but these are my favorites this week

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Hi Cosinaphile. I get the following message when I click on your links:

"An Error Has Occurred! Sorry, but you are not allowed to access the gallery"

Perhaps because I am not registered at E-P1.net?

Ranger9

Mu-43 Rookie
Another vote here for the 50/1.5 Voigtlander Nokton, although I also use several other adapted lenses that give good results. One thing I particularly like about the f/1.5 Nokton is that it's a good size match for a Micro 4/3 camera -- big enough to adjust easily but small enough to balance well. This lens plus the Panasonic 20/1.7 have become my "go-to" outfit for indoor picture-taking.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
amin ,......you can register in a few seconds you do not need to retrieve a link in your email , i dont have fiicker yet and this is the only place i currently post 3,4 and 5 mbimages and lens perf samples , sorry i forgot about the restriction . im gonna invite some of the members there who are passionate about m 4\3 to come here and post their thoughts,as i will do , i dont yet understand how to post pics at this forum , but ill try to get it soon :)

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Cosinaphile, thanks, I'll take a look! In the meanwhile, it's very easy to post pictures here. Have a look at this thread for an explanation or this video for a demonstration when you have a chance. Thanks for inviting others to check out mu-43!

chalkdust

Mu-43 Regular
The most used is 21mm f2.8 Zeiss Biogon. Second is the 50mm f1.5 Zeiss Sonnar.
Favorites for special occasions are 50mm f2.0 Heliar and 75 mm f2.5 Summarit - all M mount.

antonisphoto

New to Mu-43
GF1 + Tele-Elmarit-M 1:2.8/90

To my surprise, the manual focus of the GF1 makes using a 180mm equivalent lens easy. For daytime use this means using the finder for much faster and accurate focus. Because of the shallow depth of field, in a pinch it can be focused even stopped down. I never missed stabilization, but I guess the Oly would be the better body for such lenses.

At the other end is the Voigtlander 15mm f4.5. Ideally a wider lens would be a better complement to the Panasonic 20, but the big advantage here is being able to see aperture and focus settings and adjust manually without always resorting to the magnified view of the GF1. This makes hyperfocal settings and zone focusing very fast.

Both lenses are easy to carry, which along with the 20/1.7 makes for a nice travel set of three.

Antonis

chalkdust

Mu-43 Regular
cosinaphile, I can't take credit for the nice glass, but I try to use it well. The G1 makes that a pleasurable activity. I agree with antonisphoto about the manual setting and use of these lenses. Hyperfocal is simple. I caught some great Christmas morning shots with the 21mm Biogon on a f8 hyperfocal setting (well figure that 15 feet is as big as my living room is....) with a external flash set for my chosen ISO and f8. No focusing necessary and very rapid shot-to-shot time!

The G1 works beautifully with these non-4/3, manual lenses.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
hyperfocal is great on the voigtlander 15 f4.5 heliar screw mount at 4.5 set for hyperfocal distance ,everythings in focus from a few feet to infinity at at f 8 its about
.5 meters to infinity,

it may even be more , i vaguely remember reading that these dof on 35mm adapted lenses is actually doubled , some day perhaps ill try to test this , any one know if this is true ?

Swandy

Mu-43 Veteran
Probably the Lensbaby Composer (does that count?) because of it's unique qualities and the new system to change the optics.
As far as "normal" lenses, I have an Oly OM Zuiko 50mm f1.8 that I really like, though it is going to be shortly replaced with a f1.4.
Steve

Raimondi

Mu-43 Rookie
cosinaphile, Thanks for sharing the EP-1.NET and your adaptor modification on Contax G lens. I am a EP-2 user and had test-fitted my G45 with a locally made adaptor. Craftmanship of my adaptor is not good and so the wheel is tight and not turning well. It makes my focusing painful and slow and eventually I had given it up.

Your modification is great!, did you make it yourself? I had once thought of making an aperture like focusing ring around the adaptor, gearing up with the small wheel. This should make focusing a much easier task. Looking forward to see your G90 photos.

Novaron

Mu-43 Regular
I have used a Canon RF 35, Voightlander ltm 75/2.5, Contax 50 1.4 and I just got some C-mount lenses and Contax G adapter so will try the 45/F2 soon.

I like the Voightlander 75 as it gives me a nice telephoto and focuses really well, I like the Contzx Plannar 50 as it gives me a bright lens and focuses really easy. The perfromance pictures in my album were with that lens.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
yes its easier than you think , i used the base of the olympus eveready 2 pc case i drilled the bottom of the case and trimmed the snap botton to allow a tripod screw to affix the case tightly to the bottom of the ep1

i actually own 2 cases , one for the ep1 one for the gf1, the cams are so close in size the oly case works for either machine, but due to differences in the mount position relative to the cases in the 2 cams, the modification is specific to the ep1 ,in my instance

once the case bottom is affixed to the ep-1 and the contax 90 is mounted use the gear and a machine screw to guesstimater where you should drill the base of the case so the gear is snug against the focus wheel of the adapter,this time you are drillin front to back as the gear position and its screw need to be parrelel to the adapters focus wheel.......test fit the wheel and adapter and see if they function , on my first attempt i was off a little so i filled the wrongly drilled hole with a chopstick and cyanoacrylic glue and when set cut it off and began anew .......when the position is perfect put a little thin crazy glue in the hole to make the area arounfd the machine screw ridgid , the size of the gear you use determines how much more quickly the focus action is , with the gear ive used its about twice as snappy and also pleasantly has the toothed area of the secondary wheel[ gear] slightly below the base of the machine masking focusing easier still

the trick is to find a gear and a machine screw that are compatable , in my modification the gear came out of the base winder/ shuttercock transmission of a nonworking minolta 7s rangefinder , the screw tightness against the gear is critical , too loose and it engages poorly , too tight and its a chore to turn , i tuned it to a quarter turn and its perfect and works well , its more difficult to explain than it is to actually do !

i didnt use a drill for this , a dremel is the way to go for projects like these

the 45 is great , and the contax g 90 2.8 sonnar is the sharpest ,crispest lens i own for the ep1 its stuns me each time i use it

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
try the rj adapter available on ebay wheel turns smoothly but is too small , requires too amny turns, i had the same thought , it would have made a better adapter , i wish i had the skills of a machinist, a a toothed or rubberized ring tha engaged the adapter gear would have made alot more sense and would haved made focusing the contax g lenses more traditional feeling as well

Lex

Mu-43 Rookie
i recently bought an adapter for olympus om lenses over ebay for my 50mm 1,8 olympus lens. i didn´t have much time to play around yet but i will post some results if i have something to show

regards, alex

sebastel

Mu-43 Regular
most favourite:
snapshot skopar 4/25mm (compact, easy scale focusing)

second
zm c-sonnar 1.5/50mm (compact, wooooonderful imaging)
ZD 9-18mm (voluminous, all the wide angle i need)

third rank
OM zuiko 3.5/50mm (macro)
tele-elmarit 2.8/90mm (thin) (compact)
ZD 40-150mm (II) (when i need long tele other than the 90mm)
zm biogon 2.8/25mm (no clear advantage over the skopar - only 1 stop faster)
zm biogon 2/35mm (nice, but not an angle of view that i use often)
1.2/55mm (no-name PK mount, wide open a quite special imaging)

not interesting:
super wide heliar 4.5/15mm - performance close to the border disturbingly bad, angle of view quite uninteresting on mu4/3 (for me .. i prefer the ZD 9-18mm)

andyw

Mu-43 Veteran
I have just won a Voitlander Ultron 35mm f1.7 which should be with me today but the adapter will be a few weeks yet. I'll post up some images when i get sorted. I'm thinking that this will be my fave lens!!!!

I love my Olympus Zuiko OM lenses especially the 50m f1.4.

Latest threads

Top Bottom