C&C Which flower composition do you prefer

Which flower composition do you prefer (A or B)?

• Total voters

zzffnn

Mu-43 Veteran
Please kindly let me know which flower composition do you prefer (A, B or C):

Photo A
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo B
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Imaginary photo C
Orient the composition similar to photo A (closer to diagonal instead of horizontal), but include more of the flower bottom at 9 o'clock position of photo B.

I just wonder if there is a clear consensus. I prefer one of them out of A and B, while my 8 yo son (who is not a photographer but an award-winning painter trained in art school) prefer the other.

Those photos were taken with Raynox DCR-150 macro converter on O40-150 kit zoom, at f/22, single frame with flash.

Last edited:

zzffnn

Mu-43 Veteran
I think the composition of B is better. If creates movement across the frame. I do agree with Mountain about the water droplets, though.
That is the exact reason why I personally prefer B. Or C rather.

Water droplet was out of my control :-( the water drops probably evaporated away quickly, while I was taking photos of the flower. (Speedlite) Light direction was also different, so A probably accentuated the water droplets more.

Last edited:

travelbug

Mu-43 Veteran
A for me. It is sharper, the droplets give it a more 3d effect ; and the composition is more pleasing to me as it conforms more to a spiral and sits better on a third.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom