Which color for E-PM2

Discussion in 'This or That?' started by simonz, Feb 2, 2013.

1. simonz

simonz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2010
    New England
    I'm adding yet another m4/3 body to my collection and am smitten by the Olympus E-PM2 (mainly for the upgraded sensor and small form). Most of my other m4/3 bodies are black and I'm looking for something along the lines of my Silver E-P1. From online photos, the Silver PM2 looks stunning.

What do you think of the aesthetics of the Silver PM2 and other colors such as White, Red and Black, are there any issues with peeling paint or other build issues with them?
  2. sin77

sin77 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 9, 2011
    So far I have not experienced any paint peeling off having used epm2 for a few months. Even black lenses look quite fine with it, since the the grip is also black in colour.
  3. rdearth53

rdearth53 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 4, 2012
    Wadsworth, Ohio
    I was torn between the red and silver when I bought mine, but the red won my purchase in the end. It looks great with both black and silver lenses, too. I haven't had any issues build or paint wise, and the paint seems to have a nice soft touch coating that aids in grip. Luckily, I don't think you can go wrong with any of the color choices! :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Mu-43 App
  4. DoofClenas

DoofClenas Who needs a Mirror!

Nov 9, 2012
    Traverse City, MI
    Silver and purple. :)
  5. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    I always had black cameras till I got my silver EM5. I added a silver EPM2 and think it's gorgeous. Looks great with black and silver lenses.

Sent from my phone. Please pardon my brevity!
  6. Robstar1963

Robstar1963 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 10, 2011
    Isle of Wight England UK
    Robert (Rob)
    Silver is best ! I think the silver finish may also be a little more resistant to wear and tear perhaps ?
  7. jasonsiew

jasonsiew New to Mu-43

Jan 7, 2013
    I like mine in white, it's a little metallic if you look up close. Red is catchy.
  8. Anthon

Anthon Mu-43 Regular

Dec 8, 2012
    A Silver one for me

Enviado desde mi GT-N7000 usando Tapatalk 2
  9. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    black as i have my OMD in silver :-D
  10. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Silver. it looks great with silver or black lenses, unlike the other colors.
  11. stonebat

stonebat Mu-43 Regular

Sep 17, 2010
    Silver. It will look nice with silver 17mm 1.8.

Attached Files: