1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Which adaptor for Pentacon 2.8/135 MC?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by mariottide, Oct 24, 2012.

1. mariottide

mariottide Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    I bought this lens together with the helios 44-2.
    The seller told me they had both the m42 mount so I bought an m42 to m43 adaptor. However the adaptor fits only the helios lens, the pentacon seems to have another mount. I found online that there is a versione of the pentacon lens also in praktica mount. How can I be 100% sure of which mount is my lens before buying another adaptor?
    Thank you very much guys

2. Farcanalman

Farcanalman  

Feb 12, 2012
  3. mariottide

mariottide Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    Hello, the point is that I don't want to buy the adaptor if I'm not sure it will fit it.
    I have tried to search on google about the version of this lens in prakticar mount, and I found a few lenses on ebay. Usually the lens have "prakticar" written on it instead of "pentacon". On my lens there is only "Pentacon".

4. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    If it has a bayonet mount, as opposed to a screw thread, I can't think what it would be other than the Praktica B mount. I'm not familiar with that system, but I'm sure if you put a photo of it on the site someone will be able to give you a definitive answer.

5. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Just post a photo of the mount, and we'll be able to identify it.

Is this the pre-set lens with the 15 blade aperture?

6. mariottide

mariottide Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    No unfortunately it is a later version with less blades.
    Thank you all for the replies, I'll post two pictures, hope this will help.

j0e8v4.

k97wcz.

sorry for the low quality pictures I don't have enough lighting right now :D
    Does anybody recognizes the prakticar mount?

7. mariottide

mariottide Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    I hope someone Can help :)

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus con Tapatalk 2

8. amalric

amalric  

Jul 24, 2012
    Rome. Italy
    I had a Pentancon 135/2.8 with PB mount but that lens seems much shorter than a 135.

The PB bayonet mount is v. similar to the Pentax K mount.

The adapter is also cheap from China, some 20 EU, so probably the only way is to get one.

I don't know that Praktica did any other mount than PB and M42, but you can check Praktica sites.

9. mariottide

mariottide Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    I finally got the PB adapter and it fits nicely but unfortunately it does not allow infinity focus. Why is this?

10. amalric

amalric  

Jul 24, 2012
    Rome. Italy
    It's probably too thick. Mine works all right.

You could either file it down or buy another one, asking the vendor if it respects infinity. Not all of them do.

11. mariottide

mariottide Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 24, 2012
    Here we go again. I bought another adaptor and this one doesn't focus to infinity as well. What could I do? what do you mean by file it down?