Which adaptor for EOS lenses?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by Pelao, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi

I have a few EOS prime lenses that I would like to use with my GF1. I understand that focus will be manual etc, but I don't know anything about the types of adaptors available. Can anyone recommend one?

Thanks in advance.

2. graustark

graustark Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA
  3. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Does that adapter let you control the aperture, or is the lens stuck at wide open?

• Like Like x 2
  4. graustark

graustark Mu-43 Rookie Charter Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Good question, thanks for clarifying! No aperture control -- didn't even know that was a possibility, actually. I shoot wide open 90 percent of the time by choice, it wouldn't be much of an issue for me, anyhow.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Thanks, I figured as much since there aren't any apparent controls on the adapter but just thought I'd ask!

6. spark

spark Mu-43 Regular

Feb 8, 2010
    Toronto
    It might be more work, but if you have a camera that the EOS lens is native to, you can fool it into an aperture you want (I think).

Put the EOS on a native body for it. Set the camera body to aperture priority and set the aperture you want then hold the shutter button halfway. While holding the shutter halfway, remove the lens. This should leave the lens in the state it was set to. Then put it on your adaper ring and mount it on your other camera body.

Because the aperture is stopped down, the live view may be darker than usual and hard see in order to focus.

I just thought up this trick as it is similar to the process needed to change aperture when reverse mounting lenses.

Disclaimer: I don't own any EOS lenses and have no idea if this will work, but it may be worth a try if you absolutely need a certain aperture value... Thoughts??