Which adaptor for Canon FD?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Pelao, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Hi

I have my eye on a Canon FD 50mm 1.4, for use with my GF1.

I have not yet used an legacy glass for my M4/3, and thought this might be a good way to start.

But - I have zero knowledge around the necessary adaptors. I would really appreciate any advice about the best adaptor.

Also, anything else you might have learned in using legacy glass on your M4/3.

Thanks in advance.

2. naturecloseups

naturecloseups Mu-43 Regular

Jun 10, 2010
    I have the Canon FD -> m4/3 adapter from ebay store of Rainbow Imaging NY. As far as I know, they are resellers for the RJ Camera (aka jinfinance) adapters. So far so good, and it has a neat feature to lock/unlock the aperture stop down.

What I really want to check out are the Rayqual or Novoflex adapters but the price is a bit over the top for me.

However -- my Rainbow Imaging Nikon F -> m4/3 adapter is really not anywhere near perfect. A bit stiff on the adapted lens slide and what's worse -- has a light leak. More on this on another thread.

3. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    I purchased two RJ-style adapters - one from RJ directly, and the other from a different seller. Both had issues of some sort. I returned the first one, and I had to modify the second one to get it to work. It works fine now. The ones from ciecio7 get rave reviews, but they don't have the aperture lock mechanism so it's a tiny bit more difficult to mount and dismount the lenses. They're simpler, and apparently work fine.

4. tamoio

tamoio Mu-43 Regular

A little more expensive but worth it in my estimation:

adapter