1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

which adapter to use for canon fd lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by shockaaa, Jul 19, 2012.

1. shockaaa

shockaaa Mu-43 Rookie

Apr 12, 2012
    Hello everyone,

I'm going to buy my first MF lens. Good deal on Kijiji $50 for a Canon FD 100-300mm FD 1:5.6 M lens. (unless you think it should be lower)

Just wondering if anyone would know what type of adapter to use this lens with a GF2. There's so many to choose from eBay just dont know which one.

Glad if someone could recommend a good adapter.

Thank you!

2. backpacker

backpacker Mu-43 Regular

Jun 5, 2012
    Osijek,Croatia
    Darko
    I use FOTGA FD/M43 adapter and its great,

3. phrenic

phrenic Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 13, 2010
    I've usedt he cheapest ones you can find on ebay, the made in china 1015$ specials with no issues.

Sent from my iPad using Mu-43 App

4. fin azvandi

fin azvandi Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 12, 2011
    South Bend, IN
    I have a Fotasy FD-m4/3 adapter and it's okay, but it's a little too short and the lenses focus pretty far past infinity. I'm thinking of getting a different one to compare.

5. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    $50 for that lens is pretty decent as long as it's in good condition. For comparison KEH has one in "Excellent" condition (which in my experience means it's going to look nearly new) for $38.

As far as the adapter, I would start with one of the cheaper options on eBay. It's a bit like buying a pig-in-a-poke since you never really know exactly what you are getting. The FD adapter I have is unbranded and it works decently although it may be just a hair long (which means it doesn't quite focus to infinity).

I've been generally happy with Pixco branded adapters which I've purchased through an eBay seller named Lengril from Hong Kong, although I don't have a Pixco FD adapter.