1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Which adapter for lens Leica-M and MFT

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by maxpiz, Jan 21, 2010.

1. maxpiz

maxpiz Mu-43 Regular

Jan 5, 2010
    In the market I found a lot of adapters lenses Leica-M for the MFT.
    Which you use?
    There is the Voigtlander adapter that costs a lot and then there are other unbranded and cheaper.
    What are the differences in your opinion? it is better to buy the Voigtlander? (because I want to buy a lens-Voigtlander Nokton 40mm/1.4-Leica-M mount)
    Thanks in advance:smile:

2. sebastel

sebastel Mu-43 Regular

Jan 18, 2010
    not your business
    with my experience so far i'd recommend RJ camera's (also known as jinfinance).

jin rong is a good guy, reacts quickly on mail.
    you can find him easily on ebay.

cheers

3. Vidar

Vidar Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2009
    Bergen, Norway
    I got the RJ Camera adapter (jinfinance on ebay) and it is ok, works good. Only issue I have had with it is that the screw mount adapters (screw mount to Leica M) sometimes get stuck on the M to 4/3 adapter when I remove the lens. But no big deal, I got it loose again :smile:

If price wasn´t an issue (it is for me) I would go for the Voigtlander adapter, Voigtlander IS quality in my experience. Cameraquest got all theVoigtlander goodies :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  4. kathyh

kathyh Mu-43 Regular

Jan 8, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    I use the Rayqual adapter and it works well. I can't remember what I paid but its foe sale on Craig's List for $150.

Kathy

5. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
    I am using the voigtlander adapters for both M and Screw mount and older Nikon mount lenses that hae aperture rings. They are the best quality I have seen to date. Buying cheap which you can because cheap adapters are out there would be a mistake in my opinion. I had a couple of the cheap ones early on and they were made of metal that flaked off on to the lens and the camera mount. The Voigtlander is a brass alloy of some kind.

For my Nikon G lenses I use the Novoflex so I can get some control of the apertures.

6. Elliot

Elliot Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2010
    NORTHERN VIRGINIA USA
    I should have mentioned that I purchased them as well as some Voigtlander lenses from www.cameraquest.com

Very nice folks.

Elliot