Which µ4/3 camera(s) do you own?

dagge

New to Mu-43
I don't have a mu3/4 camera. I am waiting for the next generation of small cameras with interchangable lenses :).

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Dagge, are there specific features you're hoping for or expecting in that next generation? I think 2010 is going to be a great year for such cameras.

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
gf1 and ep1 , prefer the ep1 but use both as the mood suits me olympus 2 piece case on both , works great even bent the leather over the grip , [metal underneath?] to conform to the profile of the gf1 hand grip, looks custom

Lex

Mu-43 Rookie
i like my e-p1 very much, i didn´t use my d200 since i´ve got the e-p1. i think the iq of the pen is equal if not better than the d200.

altierjinga

New to Mu-43
GF1 + 20mm and loving them!!!! Waiting for a brand new 14-45. I also own a Nikon D700 with a lot of lenses. I love my tiny GF1, even if the high ISO image quality at his lower than my Nikon.

Holmes375

Mu-43 Regular
New to the forum and receiving a G1 kit on Friday.

Long time Nikon shooter who wants a nice light kit for general use in the natural world. Will be keeping one Nikon D2 body and lens for my dog action fun but the rest of the Nikon collection is going.

Getting old and lazy and a G1/7-14/14-45/45-200 will be nice while kayaking/bicycling/hiking.

The new G1 will get its first workout on Saturday morning when I'll be launching a canoe in a mostly frozen river canyon and trying to get up to an old dam where I think a great picture or two may be hiding amongst the rock walls and ice falls.

Now, the trick will be to find a 7-14mm in stock somewhere!

viztyger

Mu-43 Regular
GF1

Holmes375, that sounds exciting, taking a canoe up a frozen river canyon. The 7-14 should be ideal; hopefully you can find one.

I'm also a previous Nikon shooter. In my case a D300 with several lenses which I sold after having worked with the G1 for half a year. I like to travel as light a possible, especially if I have to carry my kit the whole day.

At the moment my only camera is the GF1, although my partner has a Canon S90 which I use every once in a while. I sold my GH1 with its 14-140 lens. The GH1 has more features and better image quality but the GF1 is more compact. This is especially true in combination with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens which I now use for 70-80% of my photos.

My Introduction

What's up everyone? My name is Adam. I'm from Seattle. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Holmes375

Mu-43 Regular
Holmes375, that sounds exciting, taking a canoe up a frozen river canyon. The 7-14 should be ideal; hopefully you can find one.

I'm also a previous Nikon shooter. In my case a D300 with several lenses which I sold after having worked with the G1 for half a year. I like to travel as light a possible, especially if I have to carry my kit the whole day.

At the moment my only camera is the GF1, although my partner has a Canon S90 which I use every once in a while. I sold my GH1 with its 14-140 lens. The GH1 has more features and better image quality but the GF1 is more compact. This is especially true in combination with the Lumix 20mm f/1.7 lens which I now use for 70-80% of my photos.

Hello Björn,

I'll have only the 14-45mm lens for the weekend adventure which is OK since it's as much a recon for future visits as anything. I have no idea how much light I'll have as the sun rises. Hopefully I can find a 7-14mm before I go a second time.

I shot a D300 for nearly two years, quite a high performance machine in all respects. I use a sweet old D2Hs for my dog action fun but I found myself carrying a little D40 and light lenses so often in the field that I finally sold the D300 and D200 bodies. And the D40 got me interested once again in the m4/3 system.

That 20mm looks to be one sweet little optic. My future just may include a GF1 with that lens. It seems the m4/3 addiction is equally as strong as any other :)

What's up everyone? My name is Adam. I'm from Seattle. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi.. I hope I posted this in the right section.

Hi Adam,

I'm new here, too, so a tip o' the hat to you from one new kid to another :)

Looks like the folks have put together a nice forum here and it'll be fun to hang out and watch it grow.

Amin

Mu-43 Legend
Hi altierjinga, Holmes, and Adam! Welcome to mu-43!

Hi Adam,

I'm new here, too, so a tip o' the hat to you from one new kid to another :)

Looks like the folks have put together a nice forum here and it'll be fun to hang out and watch it grow.

Thanks Holmes. I was going to say that I'm new here too, because the forums itself is rather new :smile:. It's going great, though, and I think it will continue to grow as a wonderful and useful site for :43: users.

F1L1P

Mu-43 Veteran
G1 and lovin it (except for minor issues I have mentioned in topic "Panasonic G1 next firmware wishlist")

PeterB666

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Peter
E-P1 and it is fab. S-AF is even reasonable enough now with v 1.2 of the firmware and as always the IQ out of the camera is stunning.

ajramirez

Mu-43 Veteran
I have been an E-P1 owner for two weeks now and am enjoying it thoroughly. The only negative is the slight guilt felt when I go out shooting and leave my bag full of EOS gear at home. . .

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus

Hi Björn, great to see you here!

Am I right in remembering you have the 7-14? don't you miss the articulating lcd with that lens on the GF1?

Cheers

Brian

BillN

Mu-43 All-Pro
Hi from a New member

G1 coming tomorrow with the 14 42 - I hope parcelforce with be on time - £400 which I felt was very good value, even with rumours of an update
The G1 has what I want, versus the GH, GF and EP

Nikon D300 shooter - both with AF and older MF Nikkors - The D300 is hard to beat and I am not expecting to change totally to M4/3

Film - over the years I have used Nikon, Canon and Pentax and still have a few lenses "kicking" around - plus a RF lens or two, (M mount)

looking forward to grabbing a few adapters and trying out my old Nikkors, FDs and the odd RF lens

Well done with the start of the Forum

Latest threads

Top Bottom