1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Where's all them GX7 posts?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Gyles, Oct 11, 2013.

1. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Personally, I can't wait to see what the GX7 looks like with a lump of legacy glass (hexanon) hooked on the front, and would love to know how it handles and performs.......anyone else?

Looking forward to retiring my GF1

2. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
  3. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    A good friend of mine has the GX7 and between us we have some Konica glass. Might try to shoot some alluring pics tomorrow. Any requests as to the glass that should be worn?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gyles

Gyles Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Sunny Norfolk, UK
    Travelographer and self confessed Hexaholic
    Oooh how about 40/1.8 and/or 50/1.7 as these appear to be most popular and perhaps a tele, 135/3.2 ?

I appreciate this. I've been holding off replacing my GF1 to see what the GX2/7 had to offer.

I posted in this section because I'm particularly interested in its legacy lens capabilities.

Thank you.

5. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    No problems... we have all those. I'll ask about his thoughts as to how he feels the camera works with legacy lenses - especially with the focus peaking.

Edit: lol - love ya 'real' name :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  6. red

red Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 21, 2010
    Instead of a Hexanon I show you an Angénieux Paris 35mm f/2.5 Type R1 Retrofocus Lens (Rectaflex mount) and a sample picture...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [ 100% crop ]

more samples here: https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=22681 (with GF1)

• Like Like x 3
  7. pytha

pytha New to Mu-43

Oct 12, 2013
    I am using 7 of my KonicaAR lenses with m4/3 - and GX7, but also with NEX & Samsung.

wLBX7LT.

4lCxJjG.
    also fit Canon/NEX/Samsung

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    The GX7 link doesn't work. Neither does the EM-5 link, as a matter of fact.

Finding the pages on my own, its true they rate the EM-5 at 18/20 and the GX7 at 17/20, but reading their tests I sure don't see anything they write that explains the difference. For example, they say: "So at their base sensitivities I'd say both models are evenly matched" and "Maybe a different RAW processor would reveal greater differences. Maybe a different subject would too. But from this test I'd say under the hood, the Panasonic Lumix GX7, Olympus OMD EM5 and EM1 all share pretty much the same degree of real-life detail and noise levels. The only visible difference in my tests concerns their out-of-camera JPEGs using the default settings."

About the only thing they say that favors the OM-D is that they like it's default NR (in JPEG) better.

• Like Like x 1
  9. RnR

RnR Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 25, 2011
    Brisbane, Australia
    Hasse
    Here ya go - posted them in the sticky above - https://www.mu-43.com/showpost.php?p=538685&postcount=1945

Excuse the lint. The GX7 grip is very umm... grippy.

My mate loves the focus peaking. He came from a GH1. Even when the focus peaking doesn't work that well (ie not much contrast) the high res on the evf still helps.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

I see you have both the 7.5 and 8 mm Fisheye lenses; is there and IQ difference between them?

11. Dogman

Dogman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 23, 2012
    Maryland
    I posted this in the Panasonic Cameras forum. But, maybe it belongs here.

20131012-DXT_4867.

• Like Like x 2