Where to purchase GF3x parts...

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by roverT, Jan 9, 2013.

1. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    So I officially aquired a mint demo unit GF3 with 14-42 powerzoom lens for $150 + an $80 5 year service warranty. It's a crazy deal but it does come with a drawback which I am fine sourcing out. It didn't come with a battery/charger/X-lens cap. The camera works fine and takes pictures so I'm good with that.

I know I can purchase an OEM battery/charger for around $30 each. But where could I get that tiny lens cap for the powerzoom? Or are there any other alternatives to capping the lens that are convenient? I'm going to give this camera to my parents to use as it's still far better than a point and shoot camera.

Any advice would be great!!

2. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    Unless there's something weird about the X lens's compatibility with lens caps, it looks like it takes a 37mm filter. Should be able to find cheap generic ones on eBay. They work fine, in my experience with a few different sellers.

3. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    could I purchase any screw on 37mm filter for that lens or do every lens maker have a different thread?

4. gsk3

gsk3 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 29, 2012
    Fortunately, filters are well-standardized. Lens caps also work fine across brands. So unless there's something funky about this lens (I've never used one), you should just need a 37mm generic lens cap.

5. roverT

roverT Mu-43 Regular

Nov 27, 2011
    Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Cool....I want to get some filters that won't break the bank to use on my GX1 which has the same lens but I'm not sure of what brands are good or not and if there is a huge difference in image quality compared to not having a no-name brand. I'd like to get something before I goto Africa next week. :D