1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Where to order large prints (panorama!) in Europe?

Discussion in 'Printing' started by TassieFig, Sep 10, 2016.

1. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia
    I need to make a few large prints on nice paper next week. They will be gifts so need to be of decent quality but not luxurious. A couple of standard 50*70cm and a panorama ~ 150*40cm. Any suggestions from 1st hand experience? I'm in southern Sweden atm (Malmö/Lund) so would be great to find a place around here for pickup otherwise anywhere in Europe for fast delivery/better value. Tnx!

2. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    I've just printed a panorama 140x60cm on aluminium at saal-digital.de. It's a german company that has been doing great work for me (books and wall-prints). I don't know if they deliver outside of Germany but if they do I would recommend them. They have ICC profiles on their website as well and the print quality is (to my eyes) very good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. JoFT

JoFT Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Johannes
    ... And I have excellent experience with White-wall.de... They have multiple TIPA Awards... We made over the years dozens of large prints up to 190x40 as well as 150x100....

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  4. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Sorry for OT discussion, but i'd have a few questions. If you have the time and don't want to further derail the thread, you can PM me.

Are you satisfied with the print? Any pictures of how it looks on the wall? Is there a lot of reflection? If it's not a secret, how much did they charge you?

5. Hypilein

Hypilein Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 18, 2015
    I'm not sure if this is OT. It seems pretty much on topic to me.

I am very happy with their prints, although I have very little in terms of comparison for wall prints. I've had done photo books at other places and I have never managed to get the colours right. Even with a not really properly calibrated monitor I am very pleased with the colour accuracy of the prints (both books and wall prints).

I have printed a number of small prints (20x20cm max) on their butler finish aluminium. Those obviously reflect a lot, because it's part of the idea. I only used B&W pictures (with a purple-yellow split down).

I find the reflections on the normal aluminium (I have printed my big print 140x60cm and a smaller print 60x30cm) to be fairly minimal.

• Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  6. dlentini

dlentini New to Mu-43

Jul 26, 2015
    In Malmö you have for example Scandinavian Photo (Köp din nästa kamera hos Scandinavian Photo). I have not order any prints from them personally, so no first hand experience, but if you visit there store they hopefully have example prints to look at.

Otherwise in Sweden, Stockholm, you have Crimson (http://www.frontweb.se/prefix/), which I have a couple of prints from and can recommend.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. TassieFig

TassieFig Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Tasmania, Australia