Where to get E-M1 w/ 12-40 (USA or Japan)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mattia, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Since the E-M5 was stolen, and I currently have a friend visiting Japan for a week (Kyoto right now, will be attempting to locate an E-M1/12-40 kit), and have a colleague going to NYC early next week, I figured one of those two options has a good chance of locating an E-M1 with 12-40 kit on my behalf.

Unfortunately, I'm having little to no luck.

Any tips?

2. hitman21988

hitman21988 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2013
    hmm if your friend gets it in japan would it be in there language ?? maybe a dumb question but worth asking.

3. totohdyt

totohdyt Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    At nearest Kyoto station (Kyoto JR), has 2 big cameras store, one call yodobashi camera this big store cameras, and the other smallest store called kitamura camera,both are has a staff who's fluently in English.
    The interesting for the small store( kitamura) has a tons of used mint legacy lens, and also analog cameras, both stores sale the omd em1 little bit different prices, kitamura camera more chiepest ( about 70 dollar), but yodobashi camera will give that (70 dollar) in a local person point card, I went there on Sunday (6 th)
    Apologize of my english

Regards

TH

4. totohdyt

totohdyt Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    I feel sorry for your Em5,
    good luck

regards

TH

5. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Thanks, have forwarded the tips!

6. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    If I remember correctly, Olympus has global language options in the menu even for cameras sold in Japan. I think it's Panasonic that locks down the cameras for the Japanese market.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.