1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where to get E-M1 w/ 12-40 (USA or Japan)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by mattia, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Since the E-M5 was stolen, and I currently have a friend visiting Japan for a week (Kyoto right now, will be attempting to locate an E-M1/12-40 kit), and have a colleague going to NYC early next week, I figured one of those two options has a good chance of locating an E-M1 with 12-40 kit on my behalf.

Unfortunately, I'm having little to no luck.

Any tips?

2. hitman21988

hitman21988 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 4, 2013
    hmm if your friend gets it in japan would it be in there language ?? maybe a dumb question but worth asking.

3. totohdyt

totohdyt Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    At nearest Kyoto station (Kyoto JR), has 2 big cameras store, one call yodobashi camera this big store cameras, and the other smallest store called kitamura camera,both are has a staff who's fluently in English.
    The interesting for the small store( kitamura) has a tons of used mint legacy lens, and also analog cameras, both stores sale the omd em1 little bit different prices, kitamura camera more chiepest ( about 70 dollar), but yodobashi camera will give that (70 dollar) in a local person point card, I went there on Sunday (6 th)
    Apologize of my english

Regards

TH

4. totohdyt

totohdyt Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 18, 2012
    I feel sorry for your Em5,
    good luck

regards

TH

5. mattia

mattia Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 3, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Thanks, have forwarded the tips!

6. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    If I remember correctly, Olympus has global language options in the menu even for cameras sold in Japan. I think it's Panasonic that locks down the cameras for the Japanese market.

• Like Like x 1