1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

where to get battery and charger for e-p3?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by the.devil.himself, May 23, 2012.

1. the.devil.himself

the.devil.himself Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    hello everyone,
    i just got my e-p3 which i won on ebay.. i love the camera but it didn't come with a charger.. where can i get one? is it ok to just buy one of those $10 on ebay? i'm also looking to buy an extra battery.. any help would be very much appreciated.. thank you!!

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I pick up so many different Olympus cameras that I always have enough OEM chargers to satisfy me, so I can't say that I would know where to buy one on its own. However, I wouldn't be afraid of buying one for $10 off eBay, if I needed one. Dunno if that helps... ;)

Another thing you might consider is putting a [WTB] ad in the classifieds here. There may be others like me who end up with extra chargers from buying new camera bodies all the time.

3. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    is there a brand i should get or will any of them do?

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I wouldn't have any concerns buying the cheap ones on ebay. All li-ion chargers are the same, it's just the physical connections that differs. Obviously, you should match the voltage. Most compact cameras are 3.6V and DSLR/mirrorless are 7.2V. It's not a disaster if you mistakeningly plug on into the other, it just won't work. Some chargers will work with both voltages.

I don't use any of the OEM chargers. They sit safely unused in the boxes. I travel with a variety of cameras so instead of bringing a gaggle of chargers with me, I just bring one universal. The current one I use I paid $1.50 for at a street market in Thailand. You can splash out and get a dedicate one for the E-P3 on ebay for $3.40. Even these are universal, the top of it where you put the battery is the only battery specific part. It just pops off. I wish there was a way to just buy that part.

5. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    that was very helpful thanks a lot!!

6. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    the battery that came with my e-p3 says it's 8.4v.. is this okay?

7. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah. The E-P3 takes a 8.4 volt battery. Just go to ebay and search for an E-P3 charger.

8. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    the guy who sold me the e-p3 said he just forgot to include the charger and will send it in the morning.. so now i only want to buy extra batteries.. but the only ones i found on ebay and amazon are 7.2v, will the original charger be compatible with these cheap batteries?

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't see any reason why not. I think that's the voltage they should be...

You asked about brands... again, I buy OEM so I can't offer direct experience, but Wasabi batteries are a name which gets tossed around alot here.