where to get battery and charger for e-p3?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by the.devil.himself, May 23, 2012.

1. the.devil.himself

the.devil.himself Mu-43 Rookie

May 21, 2012
    hello everyone,
    i just got my e-p3 which i won on ebay.. i love the camera but it didn't come with a charger.. where can i get one? is it ok to just buy one of those $10 on ebay? i'm also looking to buy an extra battery.. any help would be very much appreciated.. thank you!!

2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I pick up so many different Olympus cameras that I always have enough OEM chargers to satisfy me, so I can't say that I would know where to buy one on its own. However, I wouldn't be afraid of buying one for $10 off eBay, if I needed one. Dunno if that helps... ;)

Another thing you might consider is putting a [WTB] ad in the classifieds here. There may be others like me who end up with extra chargers from buying new camera bodies all the time.

3. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    is there a brand i should get or will any of them do?

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I wouldn't have any concerns buying the cheap ones on ebay. All li-ion chargers are the same, it's just the physical connections that differs. Obviously, you should match the voltage. Most compact cameras are 3.6V and DSLR/mirrorless are 7.2V. It's not a disaster if you mistakeningly plug on into the other, it just won't work. Some chargers will work with both voltages.

I don't use any of the OEM chargers. They sit safely unused in the boxes. I travel with a variety of cameras so instead of bringing a gaggle of chargers with me, I just bring one universal. The current one I use I paid $1.50 for at a street market in Thailand. You can splash out and get a dedicate one for the E-P3 on ebay for $3.40. Even these are universal, the top of it where you put the battery is the only battery specific part. It just pops off. I wish there was a way to just buy that part.

5. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    that was very helpful thanks a lot!!

6. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    the battery that came with my e-p3 says it's 8.4v.. is this okay?

7. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    Yeah. The E-P3 takes a 8.4 volt battery. Just go to ebay and search for an E-P3 charger.

8. the.devil.himself

May 21, 2012
    the guy who sold me the e-p3 said he just forgot to include the charger and will send it in the morning.. so now i only want to buy extra batteries.. but the only ones i found on ebay and amazon are 7.2v, will the original charger be compatible with these cheap batteries?

9. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I don't see any reason why not. I think that's the voltage they should be...

You asked about brands... again, I buy OEM so I can't offer direct experience, but Wasabi batteries are a name which gets tossed around alot here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.