Where to get a nikkor to m4/3 adapter?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by linkedit, Aug 10, 2010.

1. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I have a few old legacy, manual focus nikkor lenses that I'd like to use with my PL1. Anyone have a link for the lens adapter that I would need to buy?

Also when using manual lenses with with m 4/3 would I set the camera to manual and use the camera's meter?

Thanks

2. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    anybody owning an adapter that can adjust aperture on Nikon G lenses?

3. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I don't think that's possible with any adapter for any system other than 4/3. There just aren't the electronic and/or physical connections required in these adapters to fully convert and control other system lenses.

There's a very impractical kludge with Canon EF/EF-S if you have a spare body lying around where you can set the aperture on the Canon body, then swap it to the m43 body. Extremely impractical.

4. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    That's weird, when I searched I couldn't find anything on eBay. I must have used different search term.

5. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    There are Nikon G adapters out there for MFT. Look on eBay, or do a Google search to find them.

6. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    Thanks DDG, that's what im looking for!

I wonder if you or anybody else has used one, seems straightforward...

7. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
  8. et100

et100 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 15, 2010
    Chicago area - USA
    Talking about adapters, whats up with these prices that Novoflex is charging, anybody can tell the difference between novoflex and a decent Chinese knockoff?

On a tangent they just released Nikon G to Canon EOS with aperture control for no less than $249, see dpr story here:

Novoflex releases Nikon G to Canon EOS mount adapters: Digital Photography Review

Is it just me outraged of overpricing or its for real (maybe they need to pay royalties??!?).

9. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Mu-43 Regular

Beware the G adapters direct out of China. I have no experience with them but have read some posts and reviews that discuss fitment issues and an inability to determine visually what aperture you are on. Just search around for some threads on the issue before pulling the trigger so you know what you are getting yourself into. I looked into it a few months ago and decided to wait a bit to see if anything else developed. if you do pull the trigger please report back and let us know your experience with it.

Thanks,

10. photoSmart42

photoSmart42 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 12, 2010
    San Diego, CA
    Novoflex charges more because they have to pay for higher labor costs, and for better engineering. Some people swear by the Novoflex and Cameraquest adapters. Then again many of those people own Leicas as well, so spending $249 for a quality adapter doesn't mean much I'm guessing. Certainly there are fitment issues with many of the Chinese adapters (nothing a few minutes of sanding can't fix), although the Kipon ones (and I hear the Metabones also) are great. Only you can determine if the higher price is worth it.

To me it's not when I can get an adapter and at least a couple of lenses for the price of a Novoflex adapter alone. I'd rather be out shooting than worrying whether or not my lens goes a little beyond infinity or not - I tend to look at what I have in focus, so having a pinpoint accurate focus distance scale isn't critical. It IS, however, critical for rangefinders and for other cameras that don't have TTL capability.

• Like Like x 2