Where to find QUALITY adapters ?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Steve-H, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Steve-H

Steve-H Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    All,
    As the title implies - which companies make quality adapters ? Specifically, Im looking for Minolta MD mount to M4/3...

Thanks !

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    I have a fotodiox one through Amazon. Cost was around $20, solid construction, and don't have any issues with infinity focus. Sturdy enough to handle a 80-200 knockoff (JC Penny, MC version).

Be aware when getting things through Amazon, they sometimes have the "fulfilled by Amazon", as well as through fotodiox themselves. Difference is usually the Amazon fulfilled is more expensive, but has Super saver shipping option.

3. Justified_Sinner

Justified_Sinner Mu-43 Regular

Feb 11, 2010
    Scotland, UK
    Dauvit Alexander
    Have to agree. I have two of the Fotodiox MD adaptors and they are excellent. No play on the lenses at all. Bought through Amazon.

4. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
  5. Nepherim

Nepherim Mu-43 Regular

May 27, 2012
    NJ, USA
    Do the fotodiox ones have an electrical contact so that focus zoom occurs when focusing OM lenses?

6. Joe777

Joe777 Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 11, 2012
    Oregon
    I have a few from Rainbow Imaging, they seem pretty good. Around $20.00 on Amazon.

7. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    Tom
    Kinda wonder where this is coming from. Have you had experiences with bad adapters?

Most adapters are nothing more than a big metal shim. As long as the mounts on both sides are machined correctly, they work. I've tried probably 10 of them--the cheapest I could find on eBay--and they all work fine.

Maybe I'm just lucky!

8. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

9. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    The quality of machining varies.. as do the metal's used and plating which match up. I find CV and Photodiox the best.

10. Jonathan F/2

Jonathan F/2 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 10, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    Voigtlander in my opinion make the best lens adapters. Their Nikon F adapter I own is OEM quality. This place has quite a few quality adapters:

http://cameraquest.com/adaptnew.htm

11. Steve-H

Steve-H Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Thanks again for all the suggestions ! I have three Rokkor's that I'll be mounting up - the radioactive 28, a 50 f/1.7 and a 135 f/3.5. Im looking forward to it - as these lenses haven't been used in over 20 years or so...

12. Zanr Zij

Zanr Zij Mu-43 Regular

Mar 10, 2012
    There are some choices:

- Voigtlander

- Novoflex

- Metabone

- Kipon

- Fotodiox

Novoflex and Voigtlander: best quality

Fotodiox: cheap with quite good quality

Kipon: very good quality, exceptional price.

I choose 1 kipon EOS to m4/3 with Aperture ring. All other lens I use cheap/Fotodiox adapter convert to EOS :D. Of course Leica M, M39, Konica AR, Canon FD must use seperate adapter.

I use this solution because I'm also using Canon 5D Mark II :)