1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where to develop 120 film?

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by RichardB, Oct 5, 2014.

1. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I discovered that my scanner has negative holders for both 35mm and 120 film, so I'm tempted to get a cheap MF camera. But development of 120 film seems hard to find, so I assume I'll need to mail it away. I do not want to try to develop film myself, and I plan to shoot color negatives for scanning without prints. Do you MF photographers have favorite labs?

2. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    Depends on the country and city I expect.

I take mine into my local camera shop and they can develop/scan C41 film in a day and Slide/Black&White in a couple of days regardless of format.

3. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
    I should have mentioned that I'm in a Maryland suburb of Washington, DC. I didn't even think about camera stores because the ones in my immediate area have closed, but it might be worth a little drive if I can find one in the metro area.

4. phigmov

phigmov Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 4, 2010
    I'm in Wellington, New Zealand so can't help you on that front.

I suspect there will be some local places and good postal options for you in the US.

Good luck ! Don't forget to post your pictures under the film thread.

5. zathras

zathras Mu-43 Regular

Jul 13, 2014
    Waikato, New Zealand
    Chris Nielsen
    So apparently all those hours I spent listing to analog photo podcasts was not to waste!

Ones that spring to mind that you might want to google that seem to have good reputations:

Richard Photo Lab richardphotolab.com
    Blue Moon Camera bluemooncamera.com
    North Coast Photo northcoastphoto.com
    The Darkroom.com
    Dwayne's Photo dwaynesphoto.com

And before you complain about having to send film away, just remember I used to send Kodachrome from New Zealand to Dwayne's in Kansas :)

Cheers,

Chris

• Like Like x 1
  6. qppoiz

qppoiz Mu-43 Regular

Mar 24, 2013
    NJ
    I've used thedarkroom.com successfully many times. I suggest you expose a few rolls before sending them in. They charge a flat rate for shipping regardless of number of rolls, so you will save on shipping this way.

• Like Like x 1