Where to buy Panny 14mm?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by RickVaughn, Sep 3, 2012.

1. RickVaughn

RickVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    Saturday we went to Chinatown in San Francisco and I took along my EPL1 w/O45. I was able to get some good pics using the 45, but really would have liked to have something wider. So, I've decided to go for the P14 off of Ebay, but am unsure of which seller to use. Any suggestions?
  2. RickVaughn

RickVaughn Mu-43 Regular

Aug 8, 2012
    NomoHideo2005? Anyone? Bueller...Bueller...
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Chrisnmn

Chrisnmn Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 26, 2012
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Ive bought two copies form him, the first time i came to him because it was the only one offering a black copy of the lens when i had a black epl2. couple of weeks ago i contacted him directly out of ebay and offered me the same price as before couple of bucks cheaper than ebay, and the lens came in just as expected. new, and great. also shipping was insanely fast for free shipping. from Taiwan to Auckland New Zealand in less than 3 days!.

i have no relation to him, just a happy customer!. :biggrin:
  4. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    It would depend on where you're located and who is willing to ship there. For me this was my first criteria, then the balance of price and the number of positive feedbacks. It was $159 + $3 shipping to Canada from Hong Kong with a seller that had 156 positive (100%) that shipped with a tracking number
  5. kartonos

kartonos Mu-43 Rookie

Sep 4, 2012
    I got it from Ebay for $150 USD delivered to Sydney, Australia.
    The seller disappear for some reason and the shipping relatively slow (nearly 4 weeks), but can't complain for that price.
  6. zucchiniboy

zucchiniboy Mu-43 Regular

Oct 13, 2010
    San Francisco
    I purchased from dzone2 and had no problems.
  7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
  8. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    That's 2x the Ebay price - not sure if the solid return policy etc is worth that much (its not, for me) The got mine in less than a week from Hong Kong to Vancouver via registered post in bullet proof packaging.
  9. rhoydotp

rhoydotp Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 5, 2012
    Toronto, Ont
    that's a good deal! i've been looking at local toronto craigslist and some crazy people selling it used for $250! :frown:
  10. jonh918

jonh918 Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2012
    San francisco,ca
    panny 20mm f1.7

To the op, panny 20mm f1.7 is a great lens too :smile:
  11. jon595

jon595 Mu-43 Veteran

May 2, 2011
    When on eBay, restrict the search to listings in your country. I was able to get a new black 14mm from a seller in new jersey. He had many for $160 or so. Free and fast shipping.

Just a hobbyist.
  12. jumbotron

jumbotron Mu-43 Regular

Jul 9, 2011
    Vancouver, Canada
    It's a great deal. I actually had one last Summer that I paid $280 for locally and didn't really like it, so I traded it for an extra 20mm that I gave to a friend - but since shooting with the 12-50 on my OMD - I'm digging the optics and the 14 is such compact little lens. PM me if you want the info for the guy I bought from - no affiliation, but I gave him 5 stars all around for quick shipping and rock solid packaging - the package would have taken quite the beat and the I know the lens would have been safe.
  13. dennisk

dennisk Mu-43 Regular

Jul 4, 2011
    Bay Area, California
    I paid $209 last year from podmantech on ebay. He is selling them for $167 currently. My copy seems to work perfectly. I went in buying knowing that there was no returns or possible warranty if something went wrong.