1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where to buy lens caps

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by kgeissler, Jan 11, 2014.

1. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX
    Any idea where I can buy a lens cap for my 14-42 lens (E-PL5)? Olympus doesn't seem to have any on their site and a google search turned up nothing.

TIA

2. DynaSport

DynaSport Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 5, 2013
    Dan
    I bought one from B&H, but I'd call them because when I ordered the one I thought their website said was the right one, it wasn't. I called them and they sent the correct one to me. It isn't an Olympus one, though, if that is what you are looking for, but it fits and works fine.

3. zacster

zacster Mu-43 Regular

Nov 4, 2011
    I bought an Olympus one from B&H a while ago. It helps that I was at the store to make sure it was the right one. The guy at the counter was certain it was even before I checked.

Of course, this one was also lost within a month...

4. mievil

mievil Mu-43 Regular

May 17, 2013
    San Diego
    Ebay will have the cheapest prices. Period. Just found one for $3 shipped from the US.

5. Bif

Bif Mu-43 Veteran

May 28, 2012
    San Angelo TX
    Bruce Foreman
    There were two filter thread sizes for Olympus 14-42mm "kit" lenses. An E-PL1 I used to have took 40.5mm filters, a later E-P3 "kit" lens took 37mm.

B&H has both sizes in Sensei brand squeeze "clip on" lens caps. I like their "center pinch" caps but those seem to only be available in larger sizes. I've got them (and spares) in 52mm and 58mm and find them to be a very sturdy cap.

The 40.5mm and 37mm are so small they are very easy to lose. I advise ordering a spare or two.

6. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Mu-43 Rookie

May 9, 2013
    Belfast N.Ireland
    yeah i'll go with ebay also

7. kgeissler

kgeissler Mu-43 Regular

Oct 25, 2012
    Rowlett, TX