Where is the Olympus 100mm macro?

JonSnih

Mu-43 Veteran
Well I am still waiting. It seems that there are few releases of Panasonic/Olympus products at the moment. Shops are open again (at the moment). The Olympics is due to go ahead this month. Rather than buy a P20mm, I shall just use my PL15mm. The Laowa 7.5mm is crossed off my list and I shall use my P7-14mm. 75mm prime, I am not paying £100 premium for a black Olympus model, so waiting for this fabled, long awaited O100mm.
German rep said recently in very cryptic way that OMDS made a promise of at least 1 new body and 2 new lenses a year. The 150-400mm supertele zoom was a delayed release from 2020. Which makes the 8-25mm F4 the first lens of 2021. So... the 100mm macro is going to be announced "later this year", very likely during OM-D event.

Real Name
Neil
I note that the Development Announcements on getolympus.com says a tele-macro is coming, but not when it’s coming!

“Two new lenses, the M.Zuiko Digital ED 8-25mm F4.0 PRO lens, as well as an unspecified macro lens, will join the M.Zuiko lineup as part of Olympus’ commitment to broaden the field of photographic expression.”

Real Name
Neil
What a great name. I’m tempted to change mine to Zachary Quack or Hairy Maclairy now. Love those books!
My kids loved that book when they were young. I can probably still recite it from heart. “Slinky Malinki was blacker than black, …”

Slinky_Malinki.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

doady

Mu-43 Top Veteran
My username is also taken from a book, David Copperfield. It's the nickname that the title character's first wife, Dora, uses for him.

doady

Mu-43 Top Veteran
OP was asking for a "hint", not for knowledge, and Slinky pointed to a hint directly from Olympus that not only is the 100mm macro coming, it is probably next now that the 8-25mm F4 has been released. Slinky gave the OP exactly what he wanted. Learn to read, and maybe it won't seem so pointless.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom