Where is the GH3

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by brlowe, Dec 17, 2012.

1. brlowe

brlowe Mu-43 Regular

Feb 2, 2011
    Boise, ID
    I see that some people have the GH3 but I cannot find anyone that has them or has a clue when they might see them. Amazon say they are not even released yet and the release date is in January. Where is the best place to preorder from?

2. ajamils

ajamils Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 20, 2012
    Richmond, Texas
    Just like releases of GH1 and GH2, either Panasonic purposely releases limited quantity to drive demand or they are sold out everywhere. GH3 has been officially released and almost all retailers have gone through their initial allotments and are waiting for next shipment.
  3. Wasabi Bob

Wasabi Bob Mu-43 Top Veteran

Try the more well known dealers

When I visited the show in NYC 2 months ago I was told that the preorders at that time were more than the first few scheduled shipments could accommodate. Especially in today's economy, dealers in general tend not to order heavy in fear of having merchandise sit on the shelf.

In other forums I'm reading that people are receiving them every day, purchased from the more well known dealers like B&H, Adorama, Sammy's, Kenmore Camera and Amazon . I know how you feel - it's never fast enough when you've decided that you want one!
  4. M4/3

M4/3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 24, 2011
    Copy & paste from another forum: "I went through the Panasonic list of dealers and called about 20 independent businesses. I put my name down on multiple lists and within one week I was able to get a camera. I got mine from Midwest Photo Exchange in Columbus, OH. They were OUTSTANDING. Great Service. I purchased it on Tue and got it yesterday. You have to do some work to find one, but persistence paid off."

That's the same strategy I used to find the OM-D last May - I called about 10-15 independent camera shops that were authorized Olympus dealers and found a couple that had OM-D's available.
  5. deejjjaaaa

deejjjaaaa Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 28, 2011
    I put a preorder the day it was formally announced (09/17) , hence I got it on Nov 30th, w/ regular shipping from Adorama (shipped on Nov 28th)... I remember that some stores had it in stock for regular folks, w/o preoders (Unique Photo for example) for some time around days of 11/28-12/05