1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where is the best place to buy Olympus?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by avesoriano, Feb 21, 2015.

1. avesoriano

avesoriano Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 20, 2012
    Ive heard of "Techie Fairs and Expos" in Singapore and Hongkong. Is it worth traveling? Do you really get good deals there?

Should i assume that since its still a Japanese brand, Japan offers the best service and price for the brand.

2. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    I think it depends where you live: for me, it would be going, literally, to the other side of the globe.

3. avesoriano

avesoriano Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 20, 2012
    I live in Asia so I am just wondering, which among those countries offers the best price for Olympus. I haven't been to those Fairs as well.

By the way, have you tried buying olympus cameras through the internet? TIA

4. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    I have bought most of my equipment (cameras, lenses, filters, etc) from Amazon or B&H, as there are no Olympus dealers in my country. So far, I haven´t had any problems.

5. gravijaflare

gravijaflare Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 28, 2014
    A planet called Gaia
    buying camera gear from online stores based overseas will always have some risks, e.g. faulty or missing items. but reputable ones are your best bet if what you want to buy is not available in your location. you'll just have to deal with shipping and customs fees.

also note that olympus has discontinued their global / worldwide warranty program, so the unit you get outside of your country will only have warranty in their country of origin, unless you have a way to ship the item back in case you need to have it repaired.