Where is Everyone?

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by MrDoug, Jul 1, 2012.

1. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Not much action the last 2-3 days here :smile:.... or is it just my imagination?? where did everybody go? did you all leave town for the 4th of July and not take your iPad or Laptop? If you leave town without your iPad (Tablet) or Laptop you will be fined accordingly..
    Doug

2. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

Hey Man ...

They're surely out shooting. That's what I've been doing. Pics soon. :biggrin:

3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Everybody's out celebrating Canada Day, obviously.

• Like Like x 2
  4. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Busy, busy Summer . . . Not much time to process photos or check in here. Good stuff going on, though!

5. MrDoug

MrDoug Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2011
    Boise, Idaho
    Ned.. My GF and I were just in Penticton B.C. today.. besides Canada Day.. (which, sorry I forgot to mention) the Pentiction B.C. area is also having Cherry Festive Day as well.. so that must be where everyone is.. :smile: I love British Columbia.. beautiful area..
    Doug

• Like Like x 1
  6. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I am in Baltimore, haven't had power since Friday night and won't get it back soon. So I am only around for as long as my iPhone/iPad batteries hold up after work.

7. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    Canada has it's own day? :biggrin:

Fred

8. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Stayin' home. Hot!

9. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    While the summer season began over a month ago and it's been officially summer for more than a week... the weather has been strange in the U.S. It's been unusually cool in general near me - with intervals of unusually hot weather. But I thnk summer has finally seeped into the psyche of Americans. People are out at the beach and on vacation. This isn't the only site that's gotten quiet.

EDIT: P.S. Happy Canada Day, Ned!

10. nueces snapper

nueces snapper Mu-43 All-Pro

And the sun is so dang high and harsh. Take heart. The days started getting shorter 9 days ago. :rolleyes:

11. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Hi Mr Dough .. We are all here .Panasonic is launching GH3 and incase u wanna sell ur OMD at half price then let me know ..?
    Cheers
    Bhupinder

12. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Hanging at the homestead, Doug. Beautiful and very comfortable here now. I feel terrible for the folks in the hot and burning and power-less areas of the country right now. We should be very thankful for the pacific northwest, especially this time of year.

13. foxtail1

foxtail1 Science geek & photo nut

Dec 30, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Kristi
    No electricity for 48 hours. Tends to inhibit online activity.

14. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    Seems to me that only the people who live in the Pacific Northwest would have any reason to be thankful for the Pacific Northwest.

Warm and dry today here in the Pacific Southwest. Killed myself working in the backyard Filled up two 80 gallon compost bins and two 80 gallon green recycle bins with green waste. Then some Sangria, a big slice of triple berry pie and bowing to a need of stopping all movement.

Gary

15. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    A soft evening here on the property in Washington State... hearing the sounds of fireworks through the forest...

Just took a stroll on the property with the E-M5 with 20/1.7 this evening...
    Z7010283.

Z7010287.

Z7010292b.

16. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Gary! Astute observation. :wink: Doug and I are from the Pacific Northwest, as are a number of other members of the forum... it is these folks to whom I was referring. (Not the forum in general. Guess I should have been clearer on that.) :smile:

17. grantb

grantb Mu-43 Veteran

• Like Like x 2
  18. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    SoCal
    aaahhhh, You and Doug = "We" ... right ... I was assuming it was a Royal "We".

G

• Like Like x 1
  19. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Joe
    I'm turning about as green with envy as that sea is blue !!

20. DHart

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    Grant... Are you in the sound? Or, Which lake are you on? Living the good life, I see! :wink: