1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where do you host your photos?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by majordude, Dec 29, 2012.

1. majordude

majordude Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    On your own blog/site, a free site, a paid site?

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    I use SmugMug at $5/month.

3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    I've a free FlickR account for holding a very limited number of photos for showing test shots (mostly for sharing on this forum :smile:).

Otherwise I don't store online at all...

HTH

Jim

4. majordude

majordude Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    I want to be able to share some photo collections with family/friends and hide from public but some I may want to post publicly.

5. Cliff3

Cliff3 New to Mu-43

Dec 7, 2012
    Livermore, CA
    I have had my own domain since 2000. GoDaddy is my current hosting provider and my site runs on their Linux servers. I use Gallery 2 for my photo galleries. I also have an account on photobucket that I use when I want anonymity, such as photos I post for Ebay auctions or similar (edit: free account). I have used smugmug in the past when I was trying to drum up some event oriented photo business and I needed an easy e-commerce solution, and it did a nice job at that.

6. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    I use Photium. They are a good provider, helpful and reliable.

7. Blotzphoto

Blotzphoto Mu-43 Regular

May 25, 2012
    Cincinnati
    Lou Doench
    I use Smugmug for long term storage of stuff (although my send to smugmug program is acting uP) and a free flickr account for things I want to quickly share.

8. tdekany

tdekany Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 8, 2011
    Oregon
    Paid flickr account and some on paid Photobucket account.

9. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    FlickR can do that; you can start a free account and upgrade to a paid account if you want more storage space. You can specify family/friends or public, etc., access levels.

Remember to read the Terms of Service for whatever service you choose, they ain't all equal.

HTH

Jim

10. arentol

arentol Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 29, 2012
    Smugmug

11. majordude

majordude Mu-43 Regular

Dec 28, 2012
    I'm not sure that this is what I want but, man, there are some awesome photographers here: 500px is Photography

12. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    I have both Flickr Pro and Zenfolio accounts. Zenfolio for presentation and Flickr for the social aspect.

13. yekimrd

yekimrd Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 14, 2012
    Cincinnati, OH
    Mikey
    I have a free Flickr account mostly for a commentary group which I help moderate and to be able to share photos here. I also have a free Pixoto account. Pixoto is a fun, quick way of getting feedback on your photos. :)

14. tuanies

tuanies Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 13, 2011
    Graham, WA
    Tuan Huynh
    Flicker Pro and Drop box plus the occasional upload to Costco for printing or share so family members can print plus added redundancy.

15. triangle

triangle New to Mu-43

Feb 12, 2013
    I host my photos using a paid service ,as free has many hidden limitations.To be economical I chose Thewebpole.com since they provide hosting with cheap rates and it is easier for me to upload and use the photos.

16. twalker294

twalker294 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2010
    I have a paid Flickr account that I've been using for many years. I also used to use PBase but the service became too unreliable so I let my account there expire.

17. dd1

dd1 Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2011
    Free Flickr and Photobucket,both easy to use and when I was looking around they were the most iPad friendly.

18. elavon

elavon Mu-43 All-Pro

Sep 1, 2012
    Tel Aviv Israel
    Ehud
    started with free Flicker account an moved to paid last month.

19. davidzvi

davidzvi Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Smugmug Pro image and custom site hosting

20. xxjorelxx

xxjorelxx Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 11, 2012
    MD, USA
    JohnRae
    I use photobucket for when I want to share photo's online but for longterm storage I use a free Windows Skydrive account.