Where do you find inspiration

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by StefanKruse, Mar 22, 2015.

1. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
    Hello everyone

There is a tonne of pictures, people and webpages out there - it really is a bit of a jungle - so I wondered what people, groups, webpages you all follow for inspiration e.g. flickr groups etc. Please also state why.

Ill kick of with a few of my own:

I follow this because I find it inspiring to see how people see and shot the city I live in.
  2. macro

macro Mu-43 Regular

Jan 22, 2012
    Mother nature is the one for me. She supplies the goods and we are just mere clickers in time. The link for mother nature is all around us ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. swede

swede Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 25, 2014
    In my kids mostly and people around me... I try to avoid flickr and other places but i found that pictures in this forum are great inspiration
  4. TaoStory

TaoStory Mu-43 Regular

May 12, 2014
    Benton Harbor, Michigan
    Tom Remisoski
    Children, dogs, people out for a good time, the beauty of nature. The fact that I'm capturing a moment and taking the time to really pay attention to that moment. These all inspire me.

I like this site because it continually shows me what my gear is capable of and ways I have yet to use it. So I'm inspired to become more competent. And the photos are great!

I also like Flickr. I follow some good photographers from around the world who are making images for the love of it. The photo stream is almost like a 24/7 conversation without words. This inspires me to keep shooting and adding my own 2 cents from time time.

I think that sums up my sources of inspiration. Great question, OP!
  5. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    Lately, I've been using EyeEm on my iPhone and there's a lot of wonderful photography to found. I also go thru 500px on my iPhone and at home when I have time.

Other than that, I always carry at least two cameras with me along with my iPhone which is always with me. I've been living in Seoul, Korea for the past two years and there are so many great photo ops here just like NYC where I used to live before.
  6. agentlossing

agentlossing Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jun 26, 2013
    Andrew Lossing
    VSCO cam Grid is full of photos that I find very inspiring... Some are very "everyday" but I like the way they're presented, without context, it makes you really stop and think about them. Highly recommend downloading the app.
  7. cpt000

cpt000 Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2012
    • Like Like x 1
  8. StefanKruse

StefanKruse Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2015
  9. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    I gave sites like 500px a chance but I always feel bit inferior to these perfect and flawless stuff. Weird thinking I guess.

But, I'm a member of a olympus group on Facebook and that's another story, reminds me of this place but just bigger.