1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where do I get that little lug ring?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by KBeezie, Feb 26, 2015.

1. KBeezie

KBeezie Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    I have them on my E-P3 but my E-M5 (which I got used) came with a new strap, but not that little plastic/metal ring that goes onto the little lugs on the side of the camera as a result no way to attach the strap.

I've tried doing some searches and such like on B&H and such, but what I'm looking for just doesn't seem to be coming up and the local camera shop doesn't even have the little keychain-like rings you'd find on older vintage cameras (and oddly any film cameras I do have laying around either don't have them or have a more canon-style lug that's designed to take the strap directly).

Right now I use that black rapids system on the E-M5, but some days I wouldn't mind just using the good ol' neck strap.

2. barry13

barry13 Super Moderator; Photon Wrangler

Mar 7, 2014
    Southern California
    Barry
    Hi, they're called D-rings if they're that shape... Hardware stores might have round ones.

Barry

3. KBeezie

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
  4. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

It's pretty much just a little keyring. You could substitute anything similar.

5. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    7 bucks for a pair of D-rings, really? I usually just go to my local camera store, and grab a few - zero charge. Camera stores that have been around long enough have them in the hundreds from all the broken/ returned cameras. anyway.

6. KBeezie

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    Not even a pair, that guy is only selling one ring per.

My local camera shops didn't have em. If the store I worked at (been around since 1954) didn't go out of business in 2007 (camera center llc) , we would have had like 100s of em there.

Edit: a tiny bit of a drive but Peter's camera repair might have em, they're who I've had CLA my vintage cameras (Ranger finders etc)

7. phl0wtography

phl0wtography Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 15, 2011
    Missed that- crazy!

8. oldracer

oldracer Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 1, 2010
    USA
    If you don't mind round ones, just search "stainless split rings." One type of place that will pop up is fisherman supply stores. You might have to buy a package of 100 or 144 but they are fairly cheap.

9. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
  10. gr6825

gr6825 Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 10, 2012
    In fairness to the ebay seller from your link, the description is singular and there are at least two bolded notifications about being a single item.

11. stuntman

stuntman M43 FOR THIRDS 4 EVER

Jul 6, 2011
    Connecticut
    ED
    KBeezie
    Just pm me and you can have all the ones I took off my last 2 cameras free... I don't use them and just take them off my cameras. I am just not a camera lug kind of guy.....and will never use them.

12. KBeezie

Sep 15, 2012
    Grand Rapids, Mi
    Karl Blessing
    Agreed I was taken back as I was looking at several listing and it seemed to be a reasonable expectation (but then again, it's ebay).