Where do I find camera profiles?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Gerry, Mar 28, 2013.

1. Gerry

Gerry Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 3, 2012
    Bay Area, California
    Hi there! First off, I apologize if this is something I should've been able to find easily on my own. In fact, I did both a web search and perused the forums here, but I'm at a loss. Maybe I just overlooked the obvious.

Brand new Lightroom 4 user, and I think I'm starting to understand the deal about shooting RAW all the time... perhaps. I still need a workflow, and from what I understand, the best starting place is with the particular profile for my particular camera. I'm shooting with an E-P2. So where the heck do I find the camera profile for this camera to use in Lightroom? (Or should I be using Olympus Master for my RAW conversions? I wouldn't think I'd need to with LR4.)

Thank you in advance for your help!

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    All m43 cameras and lenses have built in corrections in the file info. Lightroom reads them automatically and applies. You don't need to select anything.

3. fuSi0n

fuSi0n Mu-43 Regular

Jan 11, 2013
    Bavaria, Germany
    Thats not entirely true. There are "some" corrections. But vignetting is more or less untouched.

You can use the Adobe Lens Profile Downloader, which directly imports the profile into LR/ACR. There are some good profiles for most of the popular lenses. Especially, when you want to stich panoramic scenes with the Pana 20/1.7 the correction files are mandatory.
    You can also create your own profile. Adobe provides a tool box for this with a very detailed manual.

4. Gerry

Gerry Mu-43 Rookie

Nov 3, 2012
    Bay Area, California
    So, just to be thorough, and in case anyone else stumbles across this thread, the answers I was looking for can be found here and here.

I just ordered them, and await with bated breath to see just how well they work.

Cheers.

5. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

There is more to camera profiles than that. You can download the tools from adobe and make your own profiles.

6. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    You can. And I have. But Colin's profiles are the best I've tried. Worth every penny. Colin's profiles look like they apply individual colour channel curves. Very difficult to do for the layman and with the tools Adobe or Xrite provide.

Gordon

7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer