Where can I set up a website solely to put up a 4gb video to share with friends?

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by DiaZN, May 30, 2014.

1. DiaZN

DiaZN New to Mu-43

May 30, 2014
    Looking for simple, quick and easy way to throw this video up on the internet, so I can send people the link.

2. Ellsass

Ellsass Mu-43 Regular

Apr 15, 2014
    Maybe Google Drive or MS SkyDrive or one of the other cloud storage services? (Dropbox only gives you 2GB for free)
  3. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Vimeo? You can put a password on it
  4. nstelemark

nstelemark Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 28, 2013
    Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
    This would be my first choice.
  5. PatrickVA

PatrickVA Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 31, 2012
    Central Virginia
    I like Vimeo, too. It's free, videos stream well and it works across platforms.
  6. GFFPhoto

GFFPhoto Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2013
    Another vote for Vimeo. You can allow downloads as well if you want to distribute it.
  7. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

vimeo is great but they do transcode so for the full sized file it still needs to be downloaded and played locally. Pretty sure anyway ...
  8. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Why not the 800lb. gorilla in the room... YouTube? We love it and I get the vids on AppleTV. Easy to share to most everyone.
  9. kevinparis

kevinparis Cantankerous Scotsman

Feb 12, 2010
    Gent, Belgium
    unless you have hollywood grade footage you do need to look at reducing the file size

a very watchable version of a current professionally produced 2 hour movie is unlikely to more than 2 gigqbytes
  10. ApGfoo

ApGfoo Mu-43 Regular

Dec 10, 2012
    Bay Area
    Free Vimeo users can only upload a limit of one HD video a week, 500 MB max. Be a Plus member in order to upload with less restrictions.
  11. Natureman

Natureman Mu-43 Regular

Dec 3, 2013
    Vimeo "plus" members also get better quality 2-pass encoding, 1080p embeding and no waiting in line.
  12. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    I use Vimeo and I reckon it's great, no need to become part of the YouTube Google monster.