1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where can I order a Arca Style tripod plate for Olympus 40-150mm f2.8?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by utahlasvegas, Dec 6, 2014.

1. utahlasvegas

utahlasvegas Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    Hey, I haven't gotten my Olympus 40-150mm f2.8 lens yet, but I want to go ahead and get a plate, so it'll be ready to go as soon as it arrives.

I checked Really Right Stuff's website and didn't see anything. Do any of you awesome folks know of a plate that will surely work?

Thanks,

Beau

2. BobbyTan

BobbyTan Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 26, 2013
    Long Beach, CA
  3. utahlasvegas

utahlasvegas Mu-43 Regular

Jun 19, 2013
  4. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Your tripod has no plate? Sorry but it seems odd you're looking for a plate to go with a tripod collar. Usually the tripod comes with a plate (whatever style you have) and you attach that to the tripod collar.

• Like Like x 1
  5. wjiang

wjiang Mu-43 Hall of Famer

I imagine one might want multiple plates for different lenses.

6. RMills

RMills Mu-43 Regular

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes, but it didn't appear that the poster knew what type they needed?

7. minibokeh

minibokeh Guest

I tried the RRS AS plate that I had used for my Canon 70-200; Olympus has the foot extruding from the base at a slanted angle, which prevents the stop bar at the end of the plate from properly supporting the end of the base.
    Very annoying, since I'm sure this would affect many other AS plates as well.
    Secondary "complaint": The length of the foot is shorter than with the Canon L lens, slightly more than half. This is another factor that makes my existing plate a poor fit. Will use it for now regardless until something better comes along.

8. mcasan

mcasan Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 26, 2014
    Atlanta
    All day long at B&H, Adorama,...etc. The many companies that make ballheads and clamps usually make standalone plates.

9. tweggers

tweggers Mu-43 Rookie

Dec 19, 2013
    Seattle
    Terry Eggers
    I've put the RRS L-84 on my 40-150 f2.8 it fits fine with no problems. It came off my 100-400 Canon lens

10. bassman

bassman Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 22, 2013
    New Jersey
    Scott
  11. 350duser

350duser Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 26, 2012
    Brisbane, QLD
    I have put the plate that came with my Capture (Peak Design) onto the lens foot. Fits very well. Have to try it on the tripod!!!! Also allows me to hook the PD leash/cuff to the foot to distribute the carrying weight away from the camera alone.