Where can i buy lenses in south america

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by timbuktwo, Mar 1, 2013.

1. timbuktwo

timbuktwo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 27, 2012
    Hola

I am a canadian travelling in s. america, curently in Lima. Does anyone have suggestions of where i can buy lenses. Im actually looking for the pany 14mm 2.7. I regret not buying it before the trip.

Ill also be traveling throughout peru colombia bolivia and equador. Id like something easy to stuff into my jeans pocket.

2. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    You have a decent shot at saga falabella if you want to buy new and pay plenty, they stock a lot of Panasonic stuff (in Lima).

3. Mercurio

Mercurio Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 17, 2012
    Bogotá, Colombia
    Mauricio
    Sorry, you are not going to find easily Lumix or Olympus lenses in Colombia, I had to buy all my equipmemt at the USA.

4. timbuktwo

timbuktwo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 27, 2012
    Thx. Ill check it out for fun but im not too into paying lots. Might have more luck buying online and having family ship it to me. But if anyone has tips pls let me know.

5. timbuktwo

timbuktwo Mu-43 Rookie

Aug 27, 2012
    Just reporting in after having visited saga fallabella (sp?) and all i can say is LOL. $560 for the 14mm. It was marked at the same price as the 20 1.7!

Anyway, live and learn. Thx for the tips anyhow!

6. zapatista

zapatista Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 19, 2012
    Denver, Colorado, USA
    Mike
    HOLY CRAP, I knew it would be expensive, but that's ridiculous. Que tengas mejor suerte a encontrar el lente.