1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where can I buy extra batteries for OM-D?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by bobby_t1, Aug 30, 2012.

1. bobby_t1

bobby_t1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    I'm looking for at least 1 (but hopefully 2) extra battery for my OM-D. The Olympus BLN-1 are out of stock everywhere, which is baffling given how popular this camera is -- why didn't Olympus plan better?! However, I guess that's besides the point.

I know you can buy East Asian knockoffs, but when I look at eBay I see shipping time of 10+ days to me in WA. I'm leaving for an international trip with my OM-D on September 12, so need to get something before I leave as it will be pretty bad if I only have one battery.

Does anyone know where I can either get original BLN-1 or good knockoffs in time? I don't mind paying for the genuine batteries.

2. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    Betterbatt.com.au I have one of theirs. There's an issue with the charger. The Oly one won't charge it. Their charger will charge both.

3. bobby_t1

bobby_t1 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 22, 2012
    Do they ship to the US? No mention of it on their Help/FAQ.

4. fredlong

fredlong Just this guy...

Apr 18, 2011
    Massachusetts USA
    Fred
    There's quite a few from different suppliers on Amazon.

Fred

5. jeffg53

jeffg53 Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Sydney, Australia
    Jeff Grant
    I expect so. Ask them. They answer emails quickly.

6. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hi Bobby.

Not recommending them, because they are not OEM, but I've had good experience with Blue Nook's Wasabi batteries for the OM-D. Available on Amazon, two batteries, flip plug charger, car adapter for under $30 U.S.

The Wasabi charger will charge the OEM battery as well as the Wasabi cells (the reverse is not true, the OEM charger will not charge the Wasabi cells) but it is rumored that the Wasabi charger will not give a "full" charge to OEM batteries, leveling off around 90 percent. I have not confirmed this last bit.

I'm perfectly satisfied (so far) with the cost/performance of the Wasabi's, but YMMV.

Edit: Caveat!!! The Wasabi cells are not chipped; that means that you may not rely on the 'low battery' warning. For me this is not a downstroke, but for others it might be a deal breaker.

HTH

Jim