Where are you going to image this or next week?

D7k1

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Thought I start a post on what we are planning to shoot. Perhaps by sharing what we are going to do will help others find something to image. So here we go:

This week going on a 2 hour drive up the Columbia Gorge for wild flowers and an old car with a meetup group (this trip arraigned by someone else). Wide angle and macros of the flowers, if clear some dark sky shots, and of course the Gorge itself.

Next week a Meetup I've created at a local Rhododendron Garden to image like the Plein air painters as well as try and create some digital art of the garden in impressionist style of Monet.

Our meetup group requires Masks and other precautions and our groups are small (10-12 folks) but after a year of nothing but wildlife and macro's I am ready to dust of the other skills and get imaging.

If you are going imaging share your plans and help others get motivated and out clicking (unless you use the silient shutter:)).

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
My wife signed me up for a photo safari thing this coming Sunday (May 16th). It's at the Carrie Furnace (a U.S. Steel blast furnace that's been shut down for about 40 years - I'm expecting to see nothing but decay and graffiti). I hope to get a nice picture or two out of it.

JensM

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
As screename
I had some plans to hit a local nature reserve this day, but it was taken by the rain, so I ended up doing a some easy pickings on a tiny round trip instead, whilst waiting.

Some spring flowers, the wood anemone/Anemone Nemorosa, a somewhat new(ish) Catholic Church and a combined building site and modernistic quarter, all squeezed into a 50 minutes bout, and about 20 minutes from home.

The idea to day was to get some more shots with the GX880 and scout out the reserve and get some spring pictures and a feel for the place, but that combination fell through. Steady rain with heavier showers does not much for a non-weatherproofed camera and an powered zoom. On the other hand, I got hands-on on a couple of new locations, and some ideas for further excursions.

The major mistake made today was not to bring the G9 with the PL12-60, but the day was not wasted.

Bob in Pittsburgh

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Bob (who would have guessed?)
5EM60127.JPG
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Here's one from Sunday's photo safari at the former Carrie Furnace site. This is SOOC jpeg.

jederick

Mu-43 All-Pro
This weekend I leave for a week in Yellowstone N.P. This is an annual trip we do every May the week before Memorial Day.

Latest threads

Top Bottom