Where are we going?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Rockinggoose, May 4, 2013.

1. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

I am the owner of an E-M5 which I use a lot and I have some concerns about where I am going. Rather rashly I sold an E5 to purchase the E-M5 and realised too late that I should have planned my move into M4/3 more wisely. Leaving aside the problems I have had using some of my 4/3 lenses with the E-M5 I am still hoping that I am going to be able to assemble a complete system using M4/3. However development seems to have slowed down a little which concerns me somewhat. So here are a few questions that someone, especially the manufacturers, may be able to answer:

Is there any likelihood, in the foreseeable future, of seeing same brand extension tubes on the market, or same brand teleconverters, or same brand super-telephoto primes, or underwater housings? Is Olympus ever going to produce an E-Mx with a built-in flash?

Bearing in mind the superb sensors in the latest offerings, when will photography of FAST-moving objects ever be a possibility? When will low-light AF be as reliable as it was with my E5?

A lot of questions I know, but for me to see a way forward to stay with M4/3rds they are all fairly crucial.

Thanks for reading this far!

David

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I'll go to the closet and get my crystal ball.

3. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I think development is quite fast in :43: its still a relatively new system with lenses ranging from 7mm through to 300mm.
    Personaly, good quality , wide angle primes are more important then tele primes. but thats me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.