1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Where are we going?

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by Rockinggoose, May 4, 2013.

1. Rockinggoose

Rockinggoose Mu-43 Regular

I am the owner of an E-M5 which I use a lot and I have some concerns about where I am going. Rather rashly I sold an E5 to purchase the E-M5 and realised too late that I should have planned my move into M4/3 more wisely. Leaving aside the problems I have had using some of my 4/3 lenses with the E-M5 I am still hoping that I am going to be able to assemble a complete system using M4/3. However development seems to have slowed down a little which concerns me somewhat. So here are a few questions that someone, especially the manufacturers, may be able to answer:

Is there any likelihood, in the foreseeable future, of seeing same brand extension tubes on the market, or same brand teleconverters, or same brand super-telephoto primes, or underwater housings? Is Olympus ever going to produce an E-Mx with a built-in flash?

Bearing in mind the superb sensors in the latest offerings, when will photography of FAST-moving objects ever be a possibility? When will low-light AF be as reliable as it was with my E5?

A lot of questions I know, but for me to see a way forward to stay with M4/3rds they are all fairly crucial.

Thanks for reading this far!

David

2. Savas K

Savas K Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 10, 2013
    I'll go to the closet and get my crystal ball.

3. Al.

Al. Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 3, 2010
    Hull, East Yorkshire, UK
    Alan
    I think development is quite fast in :43: its still a relatively new system with lenses ranging from 7mm through to 300mm.
    Personaly, good quality , wide angle primes are more important then tele primes. but thats me.