Where are the GH4 camera calibration profiles in Lightroom?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by Lunatique, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Lunatique

Lunatique Mu-43 Regular

Sep 14, 2014
    Lincoln, CA
    I just got a new GH4 today and have been testing it out, and I noticed that in Lightroom (I have the latest version, which is 5.7), in the Camera Calibration tab, there's only Adobe Standard, and all the other ones are missing (such as Standard, Vivid, Natural, Portrait, etc). I don't understand why. With my E-M1 and 5D Mark III, I get all the included profiles that comes with the camera when in Lightroom, but GH4 only has Adobe Standard? And I shoot RAW only, so the other profiles should be included, but are missing.
  2. budeny

budeny Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 4, 2014
    Boulder, CO
  3. Lunatique

Lunatique Mu-43 Regular

Sep 14, 2014
    Lincoln, CA
    Oh wow, really? Why would Panasonic not provide Adobe the camera profiles? Maybe they want to push people towards Silkypixs?

Thanks for the link. If I decide to keep the camera, I'll probably buy the GH4 profiles.
  4. T N Args

T N Args Agent Photocateur

Dec 3, 2013
    Adelaide, Australia
    call me Arg
    Seriously -- what do they achieve? AFAICT the Canon ones when I used Canon only seemed to be an attempt to emulate the look of the out-of-camera jpegs. I tried using them, thinking I was doing the 'best, most colour-correct' thing, only to find landscapes awash with ultra-vivid blues and greens etc. I tried to persist with them, telling myself that 'this is how Canon sees it', but looking back on the results, I was kidding myself. They aren't that good.

I still wonder what they achieve that you couldn't do better yourself with some tasteful LR presets based on custom settings in the first 2 sections of the HSL/Color/B&W panel in LR.
    • Like Like x 1