1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

When will the Panasonic GM-5 start shipping?

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by microfourthirdsnut, Oct 27, 2014.

1. microfourthirdsnut

microfourthirdsnut Mu-43 Regular

Oct 8, 2012
    Anyone in the States get one yet?

2. jasari

jasari New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2014
    Northern California
    Panasonic's web site has switched from pre-order to add to cart mode, shipping in 1 to 3 days. B&H and Adorama still on pre-order but I bet they start to ship next week too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Geemone

Geemone Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    Germany
    It finally started shipping here in Germany.
    Actually, I had the intention to wait and buy a used one in a couple of months, but I couldn't resist and ordered a kit with the 12-32.
    Together with a 50,00 Euro cashback as well as selling the lens that I don't need and one of my GM1 bodies I'll get it for a decent price.

Can't wait for it to arrive...:smile:

4. Serhan

Serhan Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 7, 2011
    NYC
  5. jasari

jasari New to Mu-43

Nov 8, 2014
    Northern California
    I had pre-ordered at B&H, but after seeing Amazon shipping since early last week, I cancelled at B&H and ordered from Amazon this past weekend. Wanted to have the camera for a Thanksgiving trip. It arrived Wednesday, but one of the buttons (review) is defective and requires considerably more force than the others to press. Button does work, but seems like it could stop working prematurely with the unusual force required to push it. Several people at dpreview confirmed that their copies exhibit no such issue. So now I need to return it, but Amazon is back to "this product has not yet been released", even though they were shipping for 1.5 weeks previously. Crap.

Before I cancelled at B&H they said Panasonic had given them an estimated delivery of Nov 24.

6. Geemone

Geemone Mu-43 Regular

Aug 9, 2014
    Germany
    Got mine today :smile: I guess here in Europe we're more lucky in that respect... .

Anyway, great little camera, a real gem! O.K., the ELV is pretty tiny, but it works for me.
    The only thing I was disappointed about is that Panasonic was so cheap not to add a body cover and a back caver for the lens. Even though it's just a "kit", for that price one could expect those parts... :frown:

7. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Don
    B&H shipped my GM5/12-32 yesterday... to arrive just in time for my little holiday road trip. Can't wait to check the little bugger out!