1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

When will the 14-140 be available again?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by slothead, Aug 16, 2013.

1. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    I just ordered a 14-140 assuming that they will be available soon. Does anyone have any idea when that will happen? Is it at all possible that they may NEVER be available (supplanted by a newer design)?

2. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  3. DeoreDX

DeoreDX Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 13, 2013
    Alabama
  4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
  5. xvvvz

xvvvz Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2013
    I know the new version was announced a while back and a few examples are out in the wild but has the new version ever been available/in-stock in normal numbers within the US yet?

6. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    No, not in the US. Amazon is showing expected arrival as August 31, I think.

The US is always the last to get new Panasonic gear. Apparently, Panasonic has decided that since m43 doesn't sell very well in the US they're not going to bother marketing it properly. Then they wonder why it doesn't sell well.....

7. monk3y

monk3y Mu-43 Hall of Famer

May 14, 2013
    in The Cloud...
    Steven
    It's available everywhere here in Japan... so there should be no problem getting it in the US soon. :smile:

I actually shipped one a few weeks ago to somebody in the US.

8. meyerweb

meyerweb Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Sep 5, 2011
    Amazon has several vendors shipping the lens from Japan now, at a price premium over US street price for the official lens, when it finally gets here.

9. slothead

slothead Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 14, 2012
    Frederick, MD
    Sorry I haven't been watching this thread. Yes I was referring to the new 3.5-5.6 version. I'm hoping that when I get mine, unless it is nowhere as good as I am expecting it to be, it may become my single lens (key word "may").

10. cameranut

cameranut Mu-43 Rookie

Mar 14, 2013
    Virginia Beach, Va
    Joe
    I just got it--I am the one Monk3y sent the lens to a few weeks ago. It seems to be pretty sharp throughout most of its range.... much sharper at the long end than the Oly 14-150 and the P 45-150 that I have compared it with. At the shorter end I compared it with the P 12-35 2.8............. although not as good, it held up pretty darn well!