When Things Work Out

Phocal

God
I went snowshoeing today to find Hares to photograph but didn't see a single bunny, saw a lot of tracks. You can't always be successful in finding what you are looking to photograph.

Or can you?

So on the way home I still had a little daylight and decided to drop by and visit the foxes. My first time to visit them I saw the father of Gorgeous who I named King. On that first visit I only saw him a few seconds and got one terrible photograph, so I was happy to see him again. The sun was low and below the tree line but there where a few spots where it streamed through gaps. I mention this because when I saw King I sat on the ground, which caused him to walk towards me as I was hoping it would. When he got close he jumped around a few times like Gorgeous did but unlike his daughter (who I am sure was trying to get me to play) he seemed to be trying to get me to move. I stayed still so he walked by within 3 feet of me and as I turned around I noticed the sun beam across the trail. As he walked towards it I was screaming in my head "STOP" and he must have heard me because he did. I got lucky because he turned and looked at me for a few seconds when he stopped and I was just able to get the focus point moved and fire off this shot before he started back towards me.

49437305747_da3de91515_k.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
King by Phocal Art, on Flickr

This shot makes me love this little 300mm even more, it really is just an amazing lens. I highly recommend clicking over to Flickr so you can zoom in on the photo.

Phocal

God
Wow, what a gorgeous shot! Thanks, Ronnie.

Thanks. Really wish I had the 150/2 with me. Normally I bring it with me when I visit the Foxes, but I was coming from someplace else and didn't have it with. Seems like every time I bring it they don't get close and when I don't have it they walk right up to me.

mrjoemorgan

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Joe M
Beautiful shot. I was meant to come to Alaska via anchorage for 2 weeks last July but had to cancel due to the fires. Hoping to come this year or next

Phocal

God
Wow; as always. When did you leave TX? I'll miss your swamp shots; but these might be a fair trade. :)

Thank you. I arrived in Anchorage on October 31st of last year, so rather recently. I am going to miss my swamps, but now I have new lands to explore.

Phocal

God
Beautiful shot. I was meant to come to Alaska via anchorage for 2 weeks last July but had to cancel due to the fires. Hoping to come this year or next

Thanks. If you make it to Alaska let me know, will have to meet up and shoot and/or have a drink.

Latest threads

Top Bottom