1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

When is the next Olympus camera coming out?

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by memzinla, Oct 12, 2014.

1. memzinla

memzinla Mu-43 Top Veteran

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    I'm in a camera/money dilemma. haha. I sold my Olympus OM-D E-M5 because money issues came up. I feel weird without a camera, and was thinking of buying a cheap camera. The E-PM2 came to mind. I think it should be good meanwhile I come up with more money. I was wondering though if a new one is coming out soon maybe I should save up the money for the newer camera?

I haven't up to date with the latest rumors, so I'm out of the loop and thought I would ask. :)

Thank you.

2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Still some epm2 bodies at the Olympus sale.

3. RichardB

RichardB Snapshooter

Nov 19, 2012
    Maryland, US
    Richard
  4. LowriderS10

LowriderS10 Monkey with a camera.

May 19, 2013
    Canada
    If money is an issue, why buy new? You can get excellent cameras if you're willing to stay one generation behind and buy used. That's what I did when I shot Canon DSLRs and saved thousands of dollars.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Olympus' last camera came out only about a month or so ago.

6. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thank you very much for the replies. I am planning on buying used. I'm leaning towards the E-PM2. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. pake

pake Mu-43 All-Pro

Oct 14, 2010
    Finland
    Teemu
    Well I don't think you can get a better value/price-ratio than E-PM2's. Superb camera for such low price. :2thumbs:

8. memzinla

Oct 31, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Yeah, I'm excited! :D The E-PM2 should be good enough until I save up some money for whatever comes out or maybe the E-M1.

9. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    The E-PM2 has a great sensor and IQ. The IBIS is not as good as the EM5 but use a little antishock (1/8s) and it improves a lot.