When fluorescent light is all there is...

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by silver92b, Apr 17, 2013.

1. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I got my OM-D with the 14-140mm Pany lens and shot some images at the gym. The light and the colors of the place are pretty terrible, so I developed them with Silver Efex Pro2

fencing7.jpg

fencing13.jpg

fencing17.jpg

2. Cruzan80

Cruzan80 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    Denver, Co
    Sean Rastsmith
    Pics not showing up for me.

3. RobWatson

RobWatson Mu-43 Hall of Famer

CWB is no bueno?

4. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    I would imagine you have LR? Just tweak it a bit on there, that's what I do when I don't like the WB in the picture. Just my 2 cents.

5. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Tweaking the WB would not change the fact that the gym is a pretty uninspiring place, beige walls, and bright fluorescent fixtures make that room look pretty boring. Of course, if you don't like the B&W developing, that's a different thing. Just my personal preference, but I did not like the color photos, even with "tweaked" WB

Anyway, I thought this was the forum to post B&W ?.....

fencingcolor.jpg

6. migs

migs Mu-43 Regular

Dec 24, 2012
    RVA
    the images seemed overly gritty. unless that was the look you were going for. then again, i'm a "less is more" kinda guy in the PP dept.

here's a quick and dirty 3min take on that last one you posted. ignore the crappy cloning out of the clock. lol

8658627589_22c6347abb_z.jpg
    fencingcolor by magspipes, on Flickr

7. silver92b

silver92b Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    I went for the gritty dark look. In some of the photos I chose a lighter preset, but that's just my personal preference. I could have done something like this (crappy clone, I know)

fencingbw.jpg

8. woody112704

woody112704 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 13, 2012
    Iowa
    Jared
    I liked them, I didn't catch what part of the forums this was in sorry. I just saw it popped up on the latest discussions and from your intro I figured I'd throw out what I usually do and I agree, the gym is pretty uninspiring lol. I like the dark grainy look to them, seems like it adds more drama to the pictures. :2thumbs:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.