1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

When file reaches 999-9999 on E-P2

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by sadwitch, Jul 19, 2012.

1. sadwitch

sadwitch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Hi i posted an issue with EP2 regarding file number display not updating a few days back but seems like no one have experience what i had before.

I'm currently at FILE 999-9770 (shutter count 8818) viewed via the playback option and my shots remaining on my rather empty 16GB class10 cards are stuck at 229 no matter what image quality or aspect ratio settings I'm at. The number does drop every time I take a photo but it doesn't go back even after deleting the files.

Could there be a link between this display issue with the FILE numbering?

If so are there anyway to fix it?

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    could you "zero" the numbering?

3. sadwitch

sadwitch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    How do i go about zeroing the numbering?

4. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    In the EPL1, this is under the GEAR > RECORD/ERASE>FILE NAME menu where I can choose AUTO or RESET. Your camera should have a similar choice.

• Like Like x 1
  5. sadwitch

sadwitch Mu-43 Regular

Sep 9, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks HarryS, This explains everything I'm experiencing. It's kind of confusing as I would think the display would tell the 'actual' number shots left in the card rather than just reporting the file numbers we're currently at. I hope olympus realise since the size of the cards are ever increasing, the shots left should tell you the actual amount of photos we can capture instead of reporting the file number we're at. It's rather misleading to have a blank 32GB card inserted where the camera only shows ~200 shots if file name is set to auto.

6. HarryS

HarryS Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 23, 2012
    Midwest, USA
    It seems to me that the "number of shots left" report would be the same regardless of how you set up file numbers or what class of card. but maybe the SD card architecture for your particular Class 10's isn't following a standard somewhere.