1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

When can we expect the Olympus OM-D E-M5 to be well stocked?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Amin Sabet, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    In the past, Olympus has produced plenty of cameras to meet demand. As you know, the E-M5 was released in black and silver in body only, 14-42, and 12-50mm kits. Of these, all have been in short supply, with the few available mostly being of the black body with 14-42mm kit variety.

I've called a number of retailers, many of whom expressed confidence that we'll see more stock soon and that the current scarcity will not persist for long. Can you provide any information about this? Do you think all of the early pre-orders will ship within the next 1-2 weeks?

• Like Like x 3
  2. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    There's part of this I cannot go into in specific detail due to privacy restrictions, but when the first cameras were being shipped I answered numerous questions about this in Twitter, where I am @bandhphoto. I included @getolympus in each.

Eventually they contacted me directly and said they were shipping as many cameras to B&H as it was possible for them to send and they expected the supply-demand crunch to ease in the forseeable future.

Based on that I am hopeful (slightly less than entirely confident, but more positive than negative) we'll see more stock soon and that the current scarcity will not persist for long. Not a promise, mind you, but hopeful.

• Like Like x 9
  3. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. henryp

henryp Sponsor

Jan 18, 2010
    New York, NY
    Henry Posner
    BTW, Chuck and I both have links in our sig tagging this site. if you go directly from the tagged link to our site and place an order, this site gets a few pence on the dollar, so you can support the site if you're planning to buy stuff from us anyway.

• Like Like x 2