1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Wheel fell of my battery holder

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by newelly, Aug 16, 2013.

1. newelly

newelly New to Mu-43

Apr 17, 2013
    So 5 months ago I brought the battery holder for my omd-e5,I noticed the other day the wheel had fallen off and got lost,I also had a epl-5 I brought 5 months ago as a backup camera and noticed that the rear dial caused the menu system to cycle at a high rate making it unusable,both items had not been used much.i decided to send both items to olympus canada for repair,while the camera is under warranty they want me to pay 98 dollars to replace the button that dropped off and got lost because thair glue is bad,so I spent 60 dollars sending it in already and on a 5 month old like new not dropped or abused in anyway they want to charge me 98 doller to glue on a new button that they should of done correctly in the first place.

2. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    I'd be cranky too. I had the same thing happen. And it's been noted on these boards that several others have had the same issue. Olympus Oz replaced the wheel on mine, in 24 hours at no charge. You should consider contacting your consumer protection agency.

Gordon

3. gochugogi

gochugogi Mu-43 Veteran

Dials that require constant use should be mechanically attached to the camera. I'm really surprised they would hot glue those dials on.