What's your weather?

jimr.pdx

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Jim R
An edited phone shot of our sea-level snow on the Columbia :eek:
villa-cell.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just saw a golden eagle chatting with a pair of crows, bummer only the 45-150 was handy.

UPDATED Images from the GX7

Wide view, resized
P1180439r.jpg

and the great bird, cropped 100% at 150mm. Crap, shot it wide open - my 45-150 definitely does better when stopped down a bit.
P1180433c.jpg

Last edited:

Harvey Melvin Richards

Photo Posting Junkie
Yesterday we hit a high of 62.4° F (16.9° C). The high today at 12:01 AM was 45.7° F (7.6° C), and now at 8:20 AM it is 16.0 ° F (-8.9 ° C). The wind yesterday hit 25.1 mph (40.4 kph). And now there is this cold white stuff falling everywhere. Today's low is suppose to hit 10° F (-12.2° C) and tomorrow down to 3° F (-16.1° C).

49483404587_2ecb2d1a1b_b.jpg
02 03 2020-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

49483138401_49100c5ea3_k.jpg
M1025904-Edit-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

jederick

Mu-43 All-Pro
Yesterday we hit a high of 62.4° F (16.9° C). The high today at 12:01 AM was 45.7° F (7.6° C), and now at 8:20 AM it is 16.0 ° F (-8.9 ° C). The wind yesterday hit 25.1 mph (40.4 kph). And now there is this cold white stuff falling everywhere. Today's low is suppose to hit 10° F (-12.2° C) and tomorrow down to 3° F (-16.1° C).

View attachment 800351 02 03 2020-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr

View attachment 800352 M1025904-Edit-1 by Harvey Richards, on Flickr
Just watched our local weather news, we've had 7" of the white s**t here in Sandy and it is coming down hard. Also, phone'd a friend who is on I-15 at Parawan, traffic is backed up as the snow plows are trying to clear at least one lane. Gonna be a long day...I'll give it another hour before I plow the driveway and sidewalk.

RichardC

Pastafarian minister
Real Name
Richard
A footpath in my local park today.

park_path.jpg

NoTan2

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Paul
Well that was sudden.

An hour ago it was a beautiful sunny, warm morning - sitting outside in shorts. Then out of nowhere a southerly "buster" arrived bringing 50km/hr winds, 100% cloud cover and rain.
Temperature dropped 5 degrees in a few minutes.

Erich_H

Mu-43 All-Pro
Eastern Denmark (annexed in 1658 by Sweden)
Real Name
Erik
Where are you?
Helsingborg ? Corona city. Seen my first Chinese style mouth protectors yesterday. Today, stayed at home in bed. With cats and the Walking Dead. Prepping. Anyways, no worries. Stefan Löfven & company had it all well under control, planned and prepared, day before yesterday. Today they have no plastic gloves in hospitals. Planned and prepared.

Like Sickan in Jönssonligan. Tajmat och klart.

As with food, in the event of crisis, we're going to receive help from our friends in the EU. What a joke.

Oh, and the Greens are going to approve support packages for the air lines. It's a topsy turvy world, no?

Thanks/Erik

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
Helsingborg ? Corona city. Seen my first Chinese style mouth protectors yesterday. Today, stayed at home in bed. With cats and the Walking Dead. Prepping. Anyways, no worries. Stefan Löfven & company had it all well under control, planned and prepared, day before yesterday. Today they have no plastic gloves in hospitals. Planned and prepared.

Like Sickan in Jönssonligan. Tajmat och klart.

As with food, in the event of crisis, we're going to receive help from our friends in the EU. What a joke.

Oh, and the Greens are going to approve support packages for the air lines. It's a topsy turvy world, no?

Thanks/Erik
Nearly Denmark then, no problem we will give you back to them, problem solved! :whistling:
But for me it is worse as I am in Stockholm, no way to get rid of them as they are here all the time.
Let me quote from the thirties: "Sveriges beredskap är god!" (Sweden is prepared!). The sad thing was that we where NOT prepared!
Enough about what can be considered politics! (It really is frowned about on this forum!)

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
There aren't normally a lot of overflights here but I can't remember the last time I saw a contrail (Flightradar24).
[image removed due to acquisition by VerticalScope]

Last edited:

Brownie

Thread Killer Extraordinaire
Real Name
Tim
This winter and early spring have been particularly gloomy. Today almost all of N. America is under clouds and heavy haze. Skies have been rough for photos.

weather map march 30 2020.JPG

melanie.ylang

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Lots of gloomy weather in southern Australia, too, when we should be enjoying the more-usually splendid mid-autumn weather.

BosseBe

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Bo
This is almost the first snow we got this winter, taken around midnight last night. Really hard wind and snow in the evening, at this time the wind had calmed some.
P1090859_DxO_Web.jpg

P1090859_DxO_Web_1.jpg

jeffreybehr

Mu-43 Regular
Real Name
Jeffrey Behr
Too cold* for me.. Here in the Sonoran desert of Arizona, it's early summer.. We have only two seasons here, summer for six months and then nonsummer.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USAZ0166:1:US

A little water in the usually dry Salt River.
2020Apr01_67th Ave. & Salt R. #6_4010022_1600w.jpg

* I spent my first 16 years in Minnesota and North Dakota.. That was enough for me; I'm now a confirmed desertrat.

Bushboy

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Rain coming! Yay! Bad drought this summer. Moisture content in the soil is record low. Summers here are hot and dry, winters, cool and wet.
4B142FAA-756F-411B-9213-1F447A7D238E.jpeg

archaeopteryx

Gambian sidling bush
Not quite two more weeks. Had a few clouds one day that looked sort of vaguely like a contrail.
[image removed due to acquisition by VerticalScope]

That's how my sky nearly always looks! It's amazing to see how we've been forced to reduce our impact on nature at this time.
You're probably in a more likely geographic position for no contrails than where I'm locked down, though I've lived other places with near empty skies. From a look at pre-pandemic flight observations, I suspect what's happened here is overlights were an overflow traffic lane that's now disused.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom